Racism Page 5

I've decided that the next black IPA I brew will be called "African-American IPA" in an effort to stomp out racism.

Yes, that will help.

Quote: DaButt @ January 8 2012, 5:16 PM GMT

I've decided that the next black IPA I brew will be called "African-American IPA" in an effort to stomp out racism.

And your next Irish Stout will no doubt be "O'bama's blammo!"

HULK DISCRIMINATE!

Green bastard

Quote: DaButt @ January 8 2012, 5:16 PM GMT

Is not a black pale ale something of a contradiction? In any case surely it should not be IPA, but NAPA - Native American Pale Ale.

Quote: AJGO @ January 8 2012, 4:21 PM GMT

I don't think Badge was suggesting that Liverpool is a racist club, whatever that would actually involve. But that by seemingly going on a crusade to make it an 'us and them' argument with those t-shirts would certainly appeal to the mindset of those supporters that are racist and think it's a bit of a laugh or political correctness gone mad (supporters that sadly exist at all clubs but that haven't been indirectly encouraged to misinterpret a club's stance on rasicm).

"us vs them" was absolutely encouraged by LFC - but as a Liverpool vs FA crusade, not anything vaguely to do with race. And the reason the club went for that option, was because of the apparently justified argument that the FA was determined to find their player guilty, despite the lack of any actual evidence.

Look at the case the FA brought against the club: race/racism plays the tiniest part in the conviction. Suarez is essentially convicted because Evra was a bit upset. Which opens a huge can of worms.

One thing the Suarez saga demonstrates more than anything is how some fans will not countenance wrongdoing by "one of theirs" and that it is always someone else's fault.

By the way GG, which team do you support?

I don't condone what Suarez said.
But I don't think Liverpools defence would have been as strong if the incident hadn't been blown out of all proportion.

Like the Diane Abbott thing. What she tweeted was undoubtably racist, but was anyone really offended? Or were people just waiting to pounce on it, as she probably would have been the other way round.

Check out the situation at some of the European grounds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwpO-nnFY9g

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ January 9 2012, 1:42 AM GMT

Like the Diane Abbott thing. What she tweeted was undoubtably racist, but was anyone really offended? Or were people just waiting to pounce on it, as she probably would have been the other way round.

It was not so much that it was racist as divisive - it's the white people against 'us' and don't let them fool you otherwise.

Quote: Badge @ January 9 2012, 1:11 AM GMT

One thing the Suarez saga demonstrates more than anything is how some fans will not countenance wrongdoing by "one of theirs" and that it is always someone else's fault.

By the way GG, which team do you support?

I'm a Liverpool fan, but you can't claim the decision making process came across as fair and balanced. I was prepared and braced for it to come out proving his guilt, but it simply hasn't happened. Weeks after the decision has come out, it's still down to one man's word vs the other.

Quote: Badhead @ January 7 2012, 7:16 PM GMT

Racism is wrong. Unless your a footballer, then you can deny the holocaust and it's ok because you score goals

That reminds me, have you ever come across a Jewish Holocaust Denier? Believe it or not they exist. Well, one does anyway. Skip to 8:18 to see him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRrP7AevKi4

Catskillz are you some sort of internet bin man?

Quote: sootyj @ January 9 2012, 8:04 PM GMT

Catskillz are you some sort of internet bin man?

More YouTube crazies? It's bad enough that crowd-sourced Wikipedia is an considered an authority but the wackos on YouTube are in a league of their own.

I love this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c6HsiixFS8