Newsjack - Series 6 Page 4

Sent a few one liners off this morning. TBH, I'm not overly impressed with them myself. Hope that means I've raised my own standards.

Think they're worth a punt, as some I sent in last time I thought were great but didn't make it.

Really struggling on the sketch front. Maybe once I've listened to week 1's broadcast, I'll find my 'groove'.

I'm finally about to start writing.

Quote: Park Bench @ February 18 2012, 11:40 AM GMT

Sent a few one liners off this morning. TBH, I'm not overly impressed with them myself. Hope that means I've raised my own standards.

Think they're worth a punt, as some I sent in last time I thought were great but didn't make it.

Really struggling on the sketch front. Maybe once I've listened to week 1's broadcast, I'll find my 'groove'.

Tip, Park Bench. The deadline for oneliners is Tuesday. Unless you have a very good reason to send them on Saturday - like no email access afterwards - then don't. Firstly, you'll probably wake up tomorrow morning thinking of a better wording to one you've already sent; secondly, the story for your best gag might have moved on so it isn't relevant anymore; and thirdly you will have more stories to choose from, and they will be more topical - hence more likely to get in the show.

Good luck everyone.

One Sketch mostly sorted, another premise that's looking strong, just need one more idea. I generally copy the best jokes out of my sketches and re-submit them as one-liners.

I've written seven one-liners so far - some of which I think are very strong.

However, on the sketch front I'm getting nowhere.

I've come to belief that getting a writing partner whom you can bounce ideas off of is invaluable for sketches.

After a tough afternoon - I've managed to write two sketches which I'm very happy with.

Tomorrow, I'm going to give them both a final polish and attempt to write a third.

Quote: groovydude89 @ February 18 2012, 6:57 PM GMT

After a tough afternoon - I've managed to write two sketches which I'm very happy with.

Tomorrow, I'm going to give them both a final polish and attempt to write a third.

Remember though, you can't polish a third.

Booyah!

Quote: Badge @ February 18 2012, 7:02 PM GMT

*nods head in quiet appreciation*

Quote: Badge @ February 18 2012, 7:02 PM GMT

Two sketches written at considerable pain. Hoping I do not get an idea for a third.

I was planning on writing a sketch but I can't seem to understand how it fits into the show. Sorry if that sounds stupid but do they just do the sketch you write (if it's good enough ofcourse) or does it have to tie into a regular feature such as 'Newsjack Films' or something along those lines?

Both - you can write your own sketch or you can use one of the regular features

Quote: blahblah @ February 19 2012, 5:55 AM GMT

Both - you can write your own sketch or you can use one of the regular features

Thank you! is that also the case for one liners? or is that generally just for use in The Newsjack App and Corrections?