Newsjack - Series 6 Page 36

That's much more palatable than some of the 'jokes' I found when I went looking on Google.

I was trying to think of a gag where on the Russian ballot papers it said something along the lines of "You must make sure your cross is PUT IN the correct box" but couldn't word it right.

I have 4 apps about same subject. Would they be annoyed if I sent all 4?

Quote: Chappers @ March 6 2012, 4:02 PM GMT

I was trying to think of a gag where on the Russian ballot papers it said something along the lines of "You must make sure your cross is PUT IN the correct box" but couldn't word it right.

Maybe start off with: Russian election officials have denied using subliminal messages on the ballot paper. It simply said "you must make sure your cross is PUT IN the correct box"

Quote: blahblah @ March 6 2012, 4:04 PM GMT

I have 4 apps about same subject. Would they be annoyed if I sent all 4?

They'd probably be tired rather than annoyed, and then the impact is lost. Send the best one.

Dan

Thanks - I'll try. Problem is they all take different angle so quite hard to pick one, but I know I have to cut three "sigh"

I've very much gone for quality not quantity this week in submitting three jack apps and one mistake. All I quite like though my Henry the VIII one is a beaut (at least I think so...)

I submitted my one liners about an hour & half ago.
Which is normally about the time I start writing them.
SO I'm getting a bit more organized at least.

And I sent two sketches off yesterday as well
And I don't normally attempt those. (for NewsJack anyway)

Sent 6 jokes.

No sketches.

I have been busy.

Mastering Telekinesis.

I don't want to get my hopes up to high but I think I may have a real chance this week. Thursday is going to be agony...

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ March 6 2012, 4:43 PM GMT

Thursday is going to be agony...

For us do you mean?

I ended up only sending 4 in. I'm having real trouble telling if anything I'm writing is funny, and I feel bad subjecting the producers too many fails.

Quote: Chappers @ March 6 2012, 4:47 PM GMT

For us do you mean?

For me! Sod the rest of you :P

Just squeaked in at the last minute. Was so pleased that I didn't send it to the wrong address that I forget to put the Gavin and Stacey one liner in. Damn. But I did manage a Fox/Werrity joke.
Did anyone see the Harry beats Bolt story? Please someone do something about Harry being added to the British Sprint team.

Quote: Katie P @ March 5 2012, 9:17 PM GMT

Ta for your advice. I guess I'm just interested in finding out how the raw material gets submitted and how that compares to the finished product. I'm sure seeing it live would be the way, but there's no chance of me getting to a show (I'm a bit too provincial!). I really enjoy reading this thread for just those reasons, and it was interesting to see people earlier comparing topics.

Thanks again,
Kate

Kate (and anyone else who's relatively new to this submissions thing)

There have been some webchats with the producers and script editors. This series' one is here.

The three from series 4 are: Friday 16th September 2011, Friday 23rd September 2011 and Friday 7th October 2011.

Linked in above, just for reference.

Quote: swerytd @ March 6 2012, 3:54 PM GMT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-17257459
This, I think. Though this is the first I've heard of it.

Dan

Hmm, and my very next visit to Amazon suggested I buy all manner of Terry's Chocolate Oranges. I think Chrome is spying on me...

Dan