Newsjack - Series 6 Page 2

Given that it's a topical sketch show, you don't think you may be coming out the blocks a bit early on this one Jinky?

So that's what Newsjack means!!

I'd always thought it was 'New Sjack' and have spent the best part of a year wondering what a 'Sjack' is....

At least that explains why I didn't get anything on the show last year.

Anyway, there's bound to be a bit of 'Let's look back at the news since we were last on air' at the start of a new season and my sketch (once it's had 30 rewrites) will be a shoo-in.

There is nothing that can go wrong with my plan.....

So rather strangely I don't think I've been paid for my one-liner from series 5. I've emailed the Newsjack email address but have had no reply yet.

It may have got lost in various transactions but I didn't recieve anything in the post either. Very strange.

I don't mind too much; it makes for a good story at parties to say the BBC owe me money...

Recordings and tickets!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/shows/newsjack_feb12

Nearly time to start buying a newspaper again. I've already worked out my punchlines. Just need Cameron to step in a pile of camel dung on the moon, a Big Brother contestant to join Mensa and a Premiership football manager to pretend(sic) to be thick as sh*t and then be offered the England job.

Newsjack hasn't appeared on bbc writersroom yet. Are we sure it is back next week?

Yep, there's tickets available, plus the official Newsjack page and Twitter have said it's back on 23rd (first recording 22nd) so Sketches deadline is Next Mon, One Liners etc next Tues.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00kvs8r

Do I post my rejects now, or wait until next week ?

I'm not looking forward to week one - its like playing guessing game at what stories they'll want to cover that happened between series

Quote: blahblah @ February 15 2012, 1:05 PM GMT

I'm not looking forward to week one - its like playing guessing game at what stories they'll want to cover that happened between series

Best rule of thumb is to concentrate on stuff happening this week, which is definitely topical and will therefore be included!

I went in early last series with sketches on the bigger/older stories. I got nowhere. (It probably didn't help that they were shit.)

I'm going with topical this time around.

It's topical, blahblah. They might allude to some big stories that have happened so far this year, but most likely in Justin's intro (which none of us will write). But the bottom line is, they want a show about this week, not last month. I wouldn't bother with anything before today tbh, though there a plenty of big stories with long legs at the moment.

Has anyone started writing sketches/one-liners yet?

Quote: groovydude89 @ February 15 2012, 2:18 PM GMT

Has anyone started writing sketches/one-liners yet?

I've just started this afternoon, that's why I'm procrastinating on here.

thanks. Think I'll stick to recent events