New Year predictions Page 4

My mum once sent me a 'Friends Request' on Facebook.

It was refused, naturally.

I would like this year to be the year I finally get Chris Martin with a organic potato bomb.....

Is that a euphemism, Ruby?

Since I'm still 'channelling' Mystic Meg (oo-er!), here are my comedy predictions for 2012 -

BBC and Channel 4 will unleash a new raft of topical panel shows based on the flimsiest of premises - eg. Sarah Millican's News Pancake - and fill each episode with the same 15 comedians that are on every other panel show.

The idiots that go and see Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow will suddenly realise that 'shouting' isn't the same as 'comedy' and will violently attack Rhod Gilbert and the rest of those unfunny wankers.

Shappi Khorsandi, Reginald D. Hunter and Omid Djalili will continue to make jokes about how racist the British are - blissfully unaware that without perceived racism they wouldn't stand out, have any material or even be on television. Celebrating ethnically diverse comedians and enjoying their humour doesn't really gel with the Britain is Racist message - in fact it's entirely contradictory.

Exciting, cutting edge and geniunely funny sitcoms featuring fresh faces and new talent will once again get sidelined for tired comedy-dramas about twee middle class situations starring Steve Mangan, Tamsin Greig and Olivia Colman involving families and vicars and shit.

Hey Reginald D is funny.

And Shaphi (please insert standard time wasting and offensive routine about female comedians not being funny)

Omid is just filling in time whilst he steals Britains nuclear secrets for the Iranian secret service.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 1 2012, 7:51 PM GMT

Since I'm still 'channelling' Mystic Meg (oo-er!), here are my comedy predictions for 2012 -

BBC and Channel 4 will unleash a new raft of topical panel shows based on the flimsiest of premises - eg. Sarah Millican's News Pancake - and fill each episode with the same 15 comedians that are on every other panel show.

The idiots that go and see Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow will suddenly realise that 'shouting' isn't the same as 'comedy' and will violently attack Rhod Gilbert and the rest of those unfunny wankers.

Shappi Khorsandi, Reginald D. Hunter and Omid Djalili will continue to make jokes about how racist the British are - blissfully unaware that without perceived racism they wouldn't stand out, have any material or even be on television. Celebrating ethnically diverse comedians and enjoying their humour doesn't really gel with the Britain is Racist message - in fact it's entirely contradictory.

Exciting, cutting edge and geniunely funny sitcoms featuring fresh faces and new talent will once again get sidelined for tired comedy-dramas about twee middle class situations starring Steve Mangan, Tamsin Greig and Olivia Colman involving families and vicars and shit.

For that post alone . . welcome back RC.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 1 2012, 7:51 PM GMT

Brilliant post but you forgot to slate Miranda Hart, you don't fancy her do ya?

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 1 2012, 2:33 PM GMT

I'll be back on here again... then will become outraged and disillusioned and leave the BCG for good. Again.

Happy New Year, everybody. Hope 2012 treats you kindly. Hug

Wave Happy New Year for 2013 Tim! x

(just in case) ;)

Quote: Oldrocker @ January 1 2012, 8:51 PM GMT

For that post alone . . welcome back RC.

Thanks Old Rocker. :)

RC, How about not mailing me scans of your penis this year? For three months I was wondering why you kept sending me the same picture of a sad looking cannellini bean.

:D The illusion is too much!

Quote: Brian Brane @ December 30 2011, 12:53 PM GMT

next year will be 2012.

F**k I was right...again