Taboos in sitcom Page 7

A sensible aproach.

You don't get many robots in Sitcoms.

I can think of Metal Mickey, Small Wonder and Kryten (oh and Uncle Robot)

But they were all in the 80s. So whats the hang up? I mean robots can be almost anything, you just need to reprogram them.

I do wonder if Peep Show would have been better if the David Mitchell character was a robot.

Quote: sootyj @ March 3 2012, 5:36 PM GMT

I do wonder if Peep Show would have been better if the David Mitchell character was a robot.

It would be more wholesome than a repressed posho version of Sh*gnasty.

Quote: zooo @ March 3 2012, 5:44 PM GMT

If you could try to keep your posts to those 20% that have been on topic and expressing your personal opinions (in a non offensive way), I'm sure no one else will be tempted to describe you as Harridan did.

If you give Harridan licence to call others aresholes then you will have a forum full of arseholes. Why don't you just do your job and clean up the forum ? If I am personally offensive to other posters then I will happily accept your moderation but if you can't joke on a comedy forum then where can you ? You would be berating Punt and Dennis for being offensive on here !

Quote: Safdar Shah @ March 3 2012, 5:57 PM GMT

If you give Harridan licence to call others aresholes then you will have a forum full of arseholes. Why don't you just do your job and clean up the forum ?

I just have moderated. That was me moderating. Just then.
Please don't tell me what my job is, thank you kindly. :)

Zoo is the moderator with the little chopper!

I like to give new members the benefit of the doubt, and I know I'm one to say this on occasion, but what an utter arse.

*emerging from the naughty corner*

54 posts must be a record for being banned for a reason other than spamming, surely?

Quote: Harridan @ March 3 2012, 6:32 PM GMT

54 posts must be a record for being banned for a reason other than spamming, surely?

You're newish here aren't you!

This is par for the course.

Quote: Aaron @ March 3 2012, 6:28 PM GMT

I like to give new members the benefit of the doubt, and I know I'm one to say this on occasion, but what an utter arse.

Laughing out loud

Quote: bigfella @ March 3 2012, 6:36 PM GMT

You're newish here aren't you!

This is par for the course.

I don't know, it's still pretty good!

Quote: Harridan @ March 3 2012, 6:32 PM GMT

The fella unfortunately has a very similar style to some one who's trolled these forums for years.

Sorry about you running into one of the few things that can be annoying about this forum.

Other taboos. You don't see many murders in sitcoms or clowns.

When Aaron and Haridans avatars are on top of each other.

It looks like they're having a quiet moment staring into each others eyes.

Quote: sootyj @ March 3 2012, 6:45 PM GMT

When Aaron and Haridans avatars are on top of each other.

It looks like they're having a quiet moment staring into each others eyes.

Laughing out loud I think it looks like we're really pissed off with each other and neither of us is going to break the silence.

Quote: sootyj @ March 3 2012, 6:45 PM GMT

. You don't see many murders in sitcoms or clowns.

True, but Psychoville was to a large degree about both.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ January 18 2012, 5:18 PM GMT

David Brent was a paedophile? I must have missed that episode.

Good point.

Also, add the paedophile character that guested on Curb Your Enthusiasm that Larry David invites to dinner.

and the Nightman from It's Always Sunny.

"Frank: You gotta pay the troll toll / If you wanna get into that boy's hole." Laughing out loud

To be honest, It's Always Sunny breaks most sitcom taboos.