Tom Rosenthal

EDIT: You know what. I think my original post was unfair. Let's give the kid a shot.

Not c**t, okay.

He's also Jim Rosenthal's son, which you might know already, but didn't mention. :)

Quote: zooo @ December 18 2011, 1:07 AM GMT

He's also Jim Rosenthal's son, which you might know already, but didn't mention. :)

Didn't know that. Don't know who the Jim version is. Is he also a comedian?

(oh, okay, he's an ITV sports guy)

He didn't strike me as particularly c**tish - although, thinking back, I totally understand how that impression could be taken. However I did think it more than a little premature to even have nominated the guy for the award. I mean, AFAIK he's only done that one role in a terribly mediocre show, and as well as he did portray the character, it was hardly a taxing, varied role. Give him a few years, some other shows, and maybe he'll deservedly pick up the title.

Basing this entirely on Friday Night Dinner; he's appalling. And he was nominated for a comedy award! Staggering.

He was good in Friday Night Dinner, and the tiny bit of his stand up I've seen seemed decent. In his stand up he does seem to use a high status sort of facade, which I suppose could annoy if you take it as real rather than his act.

Wasn't there a Radio 4 sitcom a few years back about cavemen written by a Rosenthall offspring? Is this the guy responsible? Because it was a bit shit, if I remember right.

I remember Jim Rosenthal when he was a fresh faced slightly rubbish sports pundit who turned up on Midweek Sports special. And later on he'd slightly ruin the Boxing matches that Reg Gutteridge was too busy for.
One that sicks in my mind was a Tommy Hearns Match, the picture had cut out momentarily.
Jim slithered into action.
" I hear we've lost the picture so I may need to go back to my old days as a Radio commentator. And we have Hearns... snaking out that long left jab of his..."
The picture had come back immediately & Hearns was doing nothing of the sort.
lying bastard.

Ronnie Rosenthal was a character too.
Anyone remember that open goal he missed for Liverpool against Aston Villa.

Didn't Jack Rosenthal write that Sitcom the Lovers with Richard Beckinsale?

At the moment Tom is definitely the least funny Rosenthal I can think of.

No come on, Kevs right
Give the kid a shot!
Whaddyagonnado!

I saw that he was going to be in House of Games tonight. I had an argument with a work mate because I was convinced he was the son of Jack and Maureen Lipman. I now bow down to his superior knowledge that he was the son of the sports presenter.