The Sitcom Trials 2012 Page 26

Halloween Sitcom Trials line-ups, Bristol and Manchester.

The line-ups have been decided for the Halloween Sitcom Trials in Bristol on Friday Oct 19th and Manchester on Saturday Oct 20th, and this is to let you know which scripts from the online selection have gone through.

Bristol will be performing three in-house productions plus Bride of Pete-Enstein by Iain Keiller, and Three In Tow by Eoin Carney.

Manchester will be performing two in-house productions plus Draszic's Lot by DieHard514, Randolph Carter by Judgement Dave, and Separate Parents by Dan Sweryt & Jim Speirs.

If any of the writers can make it along to see their scripts being performed, free tickets and a plus one await. For the Bristol show email Vince at stadonclan@hotmail.com and for Manchester email me kevf.sutherland@virgin.net

We look forward to seeing you at these shows, which should be Halloween-tastic sensations.

Bristol Halloween Sitcom Trials, Oct 19, The Wardrobe Theatre £3
Manchester Halloween Sitcom Trials, Oct 20, The Lass O'Gowrie £3

Great news! Cheers Kev!

Dan

Ooh! :) Chuffed to the point of over-exclamation!!!!!

Anyone else from the forums going to be at Manchester?

I'm terrible at names and faces, but it'd be good to put faces to the odd name if you are going.

Bonus Sitcom Trials table reading on Sunday.

And as if the Bristol and Manchester Halloween sitcom Trials weren't enough, the London team are having an informal meeting on Sunday lunchtime at which they'll be giving a table reading to four of the online submitted scripts:

Separate Parents, Three In Tow, 13 Gormley Street and Country Rock. These were chosen by the team from the top ten scripts chosen by the online vote as being the ones they'd most like to hear read out loud.

There won't be an audience for this as it's more a meeting than an event, but I've invited the writers to come along and hear their work. If any of the above writers hasn't received their email (and I think I noticed Jim's bouncing just now) please consider this your invite. Email me kevf.sutherland@virgin.net and I'll tell you where and when the meeting is.

We'll also be discussing plans for future shows which you'll all learn about sooner rather than later.

Halloween weekend ahoy, then onwards and upwards to the Sci Fi Sitcom Trials. And beyond.

Kev F

Excellent news - cheers Kev!

Quote: Kev F @ October 16 2012, 3:54 PM BST

....I think I noticed Jim's bouncing just now...
Kev F

I was too - how did you know? It was very distracting for my workmates.

It's your massive breasts...

Dan

I once turned a bit too suddenly in the High St and accidentally concussed a pensioner.

The one day I don't check my emails! Brilliant news, thank you.

Quote: Kev F @ October 14 2012, 9:34 PM BST

You are in exactly the right place, and yes that is precisely what you do. Put your Word or Pdf file in that folder, alongside the lonely first entry. Most writers wait until the eleventh hour to upload their scripts, expect a flurry around midnight Nov 3rd.

Kev F

Thank you! :-)

Quote: Judgement Dave @ October 16 2012, 3:07 PM BST

Ooh! :) Chuffed to the point of over-exclamation!!!!!

Anyone else from the forums going to be at Manchester?

I'm terrible at names and faces, but it'd be good to put faces to the odd name if you are going.

I'm going and I have an odd name and an odd face. Cool Hope to see you there.

Good luck everyone and enjoy it.

Cheers Badge. Mine will get trounced on the night but I'm so chuffed to get this far.

And the winner of last night's Bristol Halloween Sitcom Trials is... "Three In Tow" by Eoin Carney. Congratulations to Vince and the team.

Hopefully there'll be a video and report to follow (sadly I was gigging in Preston so missed it). Tonight, the Manchester show. Who wins? You decide. See you there.

Kev F http://sitcomtrials.co.uk

And the winner of the Manchester Halloween Sitcom Trials is... Randolph Carter's Casebook by Argument Dave.

The sitcoms in contention were Separate Parents, Grimm's Law, Draszic's Lot, Wink Murder and Randolph Cater's Casebook. Congratulations to all involved in another excellent show.

Friday's Bristol Halloween Sitcom Trials was won by Three In Tow by Eoin Carney.

These results mark outstanding victories for the online submissions, beating as they did two inhouse productions from the Manchester team and three from the Bristol team, and I am happy to announce from the Manchester show that the standard of scripts and performances was at the highest standard yet. You can look forward to photos and videos from Manchester in the coming days, and I hope from Bristol too.

Next stop, the Sci Fi Sitcom Trials. Bring em on, deadline Nov 4th.

Kev F Sutherland
Creator & Producer
The Sitcom Trials http://sitcomtrials.blogspot.co.uk

PS: Fab new animation from Trials alumni @Julesmbower Internetaggedon! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8lo6UAZF4s ... Enjoy & RT

Quote: Kev F @ October 21 2012, 7:23 AM BST

And the winner of the Manchester Halloween Sitcom Trials is... Randolph Carter's Casebook by Argument Dave.

Well done 'Argument' Dave (if that is your real name)...