Favorite Rising Damp episode

Hard choice as there's quite a few crackers

For me though the one where Rigsby has to go without food for a day edges it

When he finally resorts to seasoning some flowers so he can eat them!

Brilliant

There are a few crackers indeed Lofthouse and your pick is one of my favourites too. I'm torn between the one where Rigsby puts on a 'captured' Nazi uniform and thinks he's shot Spooner Laughing out loud and the one where they're talking about ghosts and Rigsby rubbishes it as nonsense, only to be scared out of his wits by Alan dressed as 'the grey lady'. Laughing out loud One of those two...mind you there are several others I'd need to see again to decide it properly. RD is fantastic.

Rigsby burning "the wood from the love tree" is pretty good but I think the Christmas episode where he thinks Phillip has given him a woman as gift is about as good as it gets.

I loved the episode when Rigsby told Alan and Philip that the house was haunted by the grey lady.

Quote: Markaroni @ November 29 2011, 1:37 AM GMT

I loved the episode when Rigsby told Alan and Philip that the house was haunted by the grey lady.

My first thought, has anyone bettered Leonard Rossiter's Tex Avery double takes.

An episode I have not seen in donkeys years featured Avis Bunnage as Rigsby's ex-wife, the line "a laugh like someone machine-gunning crows" always stuck in my memory.