The British Comedy Awards 2011 Page 2

No it wasn't.

Pf!

Quote: blahblah @ December 12 2011, 10:31 AM GMT

Anyone else shocked that Come Fly With Me got a nomination?

No - this has not been a good year for sketch shows, with not many to choose from. Hence the dinstinctly sitcom This Is Jinsy in the category.

Quote: blahblah @ December 12 2011, 10:31 AM GMT

Anyone else shocked that Come Fly With Me got a nomination?

It's certainly more deserving than The One Ronnie. Which contained one good sketch - 'Egg Box 360' (previewed a million times before broadcast) - and very little else.

Quote: chipolata @ December 12 2011, 11:21 AM GMT

To be fair, apart from Peep and Shooting, everything up for an award was awful.

Friday Night Dinner, Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle, Miranda and Psychoville were all better than 'awful'. For me at least.

Miranda is horrendous.

Case closed everyone!

Well I don't see any others giving much more in the way of criticism?

When was Midmorning Matters? Was that eligible for anything?

The nominations for 'King or Queen of comedy': David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Jack Whitehall, Jo Brand, Miranda Hart, Sarah Millican.

If Graham Norton wins, would he be crowned 'queen'?

A little peeved 'Not Going Out' wasnt even nominated :(

Quote: chipolata @ December 12 2011, 4:51 PM GMT

When was Midmorning Matters? Was that eligible for anything?

They don't have categories covering online comedy at present. You may notice that there isn't even a film category this year, and there are no radio ones either.

Do they not have a stand up award? I maybe missed that on the nominations show, I was certain there was a stand up award last year and Michael McIntyre won.

Not this year there isn't!

Quote: Aaron @ December 12 2011, 11:29 PM GMT

They don't have categories covering online comedy at present. You may notice that there isn't even a film category this year, and there are no radio ones either.

They haven't had radio categories for years.