The Thick Of It

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned (maybe it has). The special is airing tonight. One of the best UK comedies ever IMHO.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/thickofit/

Nick - tonight is a repeat of 'The Rise of the Nutters' - the special shown at the start of the year.

The new special - 'Spinners and Losers' - is on Tuesday night. There's a preview video on YouTube

But, yes, an absolutely brilliant comedy in my opinion.

Moving to British Sitcoms.

Oh look -- there it is, being mentioned...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/2151

:)

Dan

I thought last night's one was brilliant. Its so good to see something getting better the more they do it. For me, its the best type of comedy: it feels real, its got drama, laughs and fantastic one-liners that still fit into the reality. Best line:
Tucker: "He couldn't organise a bum-rape in a Barracks".

I'm still laughing at that today.

'Download rice' was one of my favorite lines.

Thought it was amazing yesterday. The other Scottish guy who is Malcom's second really annoyed me last time but I thought he was one of the best things in the episode. The Daily Mail thing was funny although I have issues with them being presented as reasonable human beings. But as usual the bits I find the funniest involve Malcom and Ollie, great episode.

I've just "acquired" the first series of this show, I'll have to catch up and see what the fuss is all about. I'm sure I want be disappointed.

Quote: Leevil @ July 4, 2007, 10:10 PM

I've just "acquired" the first series of this show, I'll have to catch up and see what the fuss is all about. I'm sure I want be disappointed.

You should also be able to "aquire" the Christmas special too. However, I've yet to find a way of "aquiring" the most recent one ... or is it gonna be repeated on BBC 2 sometime?

Its repeated, according to Radiotimes, on the following dates. Also there is an 'oppostion' view when you hit the red button after each showing I think. I haven't seen that but assume that it is the same people who were in the last special.

Thursday 05 July 10:00pm BBC4
Friday 06 July 1:00am BBC4
Saturday 07 July 9:30pm BBC2
Saturday 07 July 10:30pm BBC4
Sunday 08 July 1:35am BBC4
Saturday 14 July 10:00pm BBC2

Yeah loved the special the other night, so many brilliant moments. Particulary liked it when Glen and Ollie were fighting and knocked Juluis's biscuits over..."Be careful..these are good biscuits...they cost £4". :)

Quote: ajp29 @ July 5, 2007, 9:29 PM

Also there is an 'oppostion' view when you hit the red button after each showing I think. I haven't seen that but assume that it is the same people who were in the last special.

Yeah. Has anyone here seen that extra? I can't get it on my TV so would be interested to hear about its contents.

I haven't seen it myself, but could get hold of it...

Thanks ajp

For the record, the Red Button extra (what the opposition got up to) is currently on the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/thickofit/

It's up to par with the main comedy. Great to see the overlap too (e.g. Ollie coming back to the flat to pick up the cheese Malcolm wanted)

Thanks Mark, I couldn't get the red button to work either so thanks for the link.