Red Planet prize Page 4

According to Danny Stack on twitter, around 1,780.

Eep.

Updates on Twitter from Danny Stack ( @ScriptwritingUK ) on common themes in the entries...

" One of the Red Planet readers made me LOL. "Who knew there were so many aliens and families in crises!" (& sometimes both) "

" Other Red Planet regulars: hero discovers supernatural link/past, characters with amnesia, one room dramas, flatshares. "

Anyone got those? Laughing out loud My main character has amnesia for a few scenes but I don't really count in his statement as it doesn't happen in my first 10 pages. It is a common theme though, oops :$

Maybe I'll give this a go this year...

Quote: Feeoree @ January 27 2012, 10:45 PM GMT

Updates on Twitter from Danny Stack ( @ScriptwritingUK ) on common themes in the entries...

" One of the Red Planet readers made me LOL. "Who knew there were so many aliens and families in crises!" (& sometimes both) "

" Other Red Planet regulars: hero discovers supernatural link/past, characters with amnesia, one room dramas, flatshares. "

Anyone got those? Laughing out loud My main character has amnesia for a few scenes but I don't really count in his statement as it doesn't happen in my first 10 pages. It is a common theme though, oops :$

Well, I DO have aliens, but no to the rest! Last year's sitcom mission had a high number of flatshare entries too IIRC.

Oh no!

My one was about a character suffering from amnesia who discovers a supernatural link with the person he shares a flat with... and there's something about a one room drama in it as well.

Those through to round 2 should find out this week!

Email notification: I'm through to round two.

Full script required by 9am Friday 2 March. Semi-final notifications week beginning Monday 23 April.

Quote: Skinny Agnus @ February 1 2012, 1:06 PM GMT

Email notification: I'm through to round two.

Full script required by 9am Friday 2 March. Semi-final notifications week beginning Monday 23 April.

Congratulations and good luck with the rest of the process!

Any other BCGers had good news? I'm assuming all successful applicants will have been advised at once, so now torn between finishing my (nearly done) script immediately or moving swiftly on to a studio sitcom...

Mine was a no.

Yep, just had the 'thanks but no thanks' email meself. Oh well, add it to the pile and move on - still very pleased with the script that's developed for this, so it's certianly not been a complete waste of time.

Mine two and a restraining order.

I got me a no too.

Ah well, starting to polish and funnier-ise (yeah I made up a new hyphenated phrase!) my other script for Laugh Track tonight it is!

Quote: sootyj @ February 1 2012, 2:40 PM GMT

Mine two

Me threes. :(

Was feeling down until I read Feeoree's positive response to failure and now feel a bit less like there is a global conspiracy to stop my brilliant work ever coming to light, thus making everyone in film and television everywhere redundant over night. (That's right Speilberg, Lucas and Victoria Wood - I know about your secret writers blacklist!!!!)

I'm through to the next round.

Well done Evan and Agnus.

And not a trace of resentment, no sirree bob,