Red Planet prize Page 2

Cheers!

Genius! Stealing it.
If I win this thing, I will credit my success to you.

Quote: KLRiley @ December 15 2011, 9:55 AM GMT

Still dithering on whether to go with what is the opening ep or something from the middle.

It has to either be a single play or a pilot episode, so they won't allow mid-series episodes as far as I'm aware.

Quote: Marooned @ December 19 2011, 1:27 PM GMT

It has to either be a single play or a pilot episode, so they won't allow mid-series episodes as far as I'm aware.

Cheers. I haven't actually read the rules in full as I need to get coursework finished first but that solves the issue of where I start.

Sent my 10 pages in! Nerve-raking!!

Has anyone else sent theirs in yet?

Quote: Lexi195 @ December 21 2011, 4:41 PM GMT

Sent my 10 pages in! Nerve-raking!!

Has anyone else sent theirs in yet?

Not yet, I was going to this week, but got behind sprucing up the first 10! I'm going to edit it a bit over Christmas then send it in About New Year, then last few edits of the remaining 45/50 pages before they ask for the rest (IF they ask for the rest).

Quote: Feeoree @ December 21 2011, 10:06 PM GMT

Not yet, I was going to this week, but got behind sprucing up the first 10! I'm going to edit it a bit over Christmas then send it in About New Year, then last few edits of the remaining 45/50 pages before they ask for the rest (IF they ask for the rest).

I kept on trying to make it better and better but eventually I just went 'meh' and sent it off. I don't think my first 10 pages were that good as it was mainly just introducing characters so I hope they liked my writing enough to ask for the rest. What's yours about?

I submitted my 10 pages weeks ago.
I already had a whole script written, which is always handy for when these opportunities arise.

Do the first ten pages include a title page?

I'm using CeltX and it's PDF formats always include a title page, so for me to send ten pages in it would be like sending 11 pages in.

It means title page AND first 10 pages of script.

Oh balls! I included the title page as part of my 10 pages :/

They'll probably accept the title + 9, loads of people probably did that. I only know it's excluded from the 10 because I tweeted Danny Stack to ask.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ December 22 2011, 11:05 AM GMT

I submitted my 10 pages weeks ago.
I already had a whole script written, which is always handy for when these opportunities arise.

Yeah, I had nearly full length one clocking at (I think) 52 pages. Then I deleted half and started re-writing. I like it better now though. I'm just trying to get it the best I can now!

Tonight's a big writing and editing night, the first 10 may yet get a pre-Christmas sending! Laughing out loud *pours drink*

Don't rush the script.
You could do your big edit, then get sloshed over Christmas, see in the New Year by getting even more sloshed, then give the script a final check-over with fresh eyes after that. :)

I didn't send it, ha. The story has changed order slightly too, oooo.

I don't like writing this synopsis. It's sounding more and more like a press release from someone on hallucinogenics.

This logline of 16 words and synopsis of 100 are proving tricky.