Comedy Unit Podcast Page 2

I'm in the same proverbial boat as you Mr M. Keeping all my bodily parts crossed for anyone who's submitted material.

I heard back last week - they're using a couple of the sketches I sent, and have asked for more. So maybe they're getting in touch with everyone now. Fingers crossed for y'all!

Well done, James. Your sketches were awesome.

I've heard nothing back. Probably because my stuff wasn't very good.

Cheers James. That sounds like good news for you and bad news for me.

Well done!

Out of interest, did those of you who entered material already have people you use to perform your sketches (including you) and/or experience of doing audio recording? I got something in the last CU podcast when you could send scripts but being neither a performer nor having access to recording kit it was a non-runner in the time available

Cheers Yacob and Stephen!

The Producer: in the end I recorded them myself, and did all the voices. Not just because I'm a control freak but also cos none of my friends were playing out that day. I recorded them with a cheap PC microphone and an old copy of Adobe Audition, and used sound effects from freesound.org

It'd be worth playing around with freeware like Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) to see what you can do with it.