Jimmy Savile on HIGNFY - was this a HOAX? Page 8

Quote: zooo @ October 2 2012, 2:59 PM BST

Ha! Yep.

I do of course acknowledge that it is a bloody bizarre way to meet the love of your life. But, what can you do.

We have to wonder what sorts of feelings he had for her when she was a child.

Quote: Nogget @ October 2 2012, 3:14 PM BST

We have to wonder what sorts of feelings he had for her when she was a child.

We do? Dammit!

I certainly don't!

Quote: sootyj @ October 2 2012, 12:12 PM BST

Chris Langham is a great comic actor with some personal problems that hurt nobody (no he didn't pay for the images he viewed).

In a better fairer society help would have been available to him outside of the criminal justice system.

As for Jimmy Savile, he had massive influence that kept him safe? OFO so did Gary Glitter and Jonathan King. No one had the balls to make a case stick whilst he was warm.

The paranoia around child abuse, is the abusers' best friend.

Sorry sootyj, I don't agree with any of this! I have personal problems but I DON'T find kids the slightest bit attractive, he could be the most talented actor/comedian in the world but like they say once a nonce always a nonce.

Being a dad myself it frightens me to think how many more people within the TV/film industry are hiding their perverted little secrets, and if Jimmy Savile was a sex predator then, may he burn in hell the nonce!

The excuse that all nonces give is "I was abused" so! Since when is it right for the bummed to become the bummer!

Quote: Nigel Ball @ October 2 2012, 3:39 PM BST

being a dad myself it frightens me to think how many more people within the TV/film industry are hiding their perverted little secrets

Why? Do your children have a lot of contact with the TV/film industry?

Quote: Nigel Ball @ October 2 2012, 3:39 PM BST

Sorry sootyj, I don't agree with any of this! I have personal problems but I DON'T find kids the slightest bit attractive, he could be the most talented actor/comedian in the world but like they say once a nonce always a nonce.

Being a dad myself it frightens me to think how many more people within the TV/film industry are hiding their perverted little secrets, and if Jimmy Savile was a sex predator then, may he burn in hell the nonce!

The excuse that all nonces give is "I was abused" so! Since when is it right for the bummed to become the bummer!

I appreciate, given that you have a child of your own, that this is a sensitive issue, but the hysterical "string 'em all up!" attitude doesn't really help the issue.

There are a wealth of different factors that contribute towards the anomaly of a person finding a child attractive. There are even recorded cases of brain tumours causing a shift in a person's personality to such a degree that they activate illicit sexual desires. We're talking happy, sexually normative people who demonstrate no history of abuse who revert to their old selves the moment the tumour is dealt with. Sick people in the medical sense, not the Daily Mail sense.

My point is that branding someone 'evil' (whatever that is) without first looking at the root of the problem doesn't move us any closer to solving it. It also gives rise to situations where innocent people end up vilified or worse.

Oh my god, you've made Bussell do a serious post.

Quote: zooo @ October 2 2012, 3:59 PM BST

I thought they were all serious? Unimpressed

:O

Quote: zooo @ October 2 2012, 3:59 PM BST

Hey, I'm not just here to party, I'm here for the tough times too.

Quote: David Bussell @ October 2 2012, 3:58 PM BST

I appreciate, given that you have a child of your own, that this is a sensitive issue, but the hysterical "string 'em all up!" attitude doesn't really help the issue.

There are a wealth of different factors that contribute towards the anomaly of a person finding a child attractive. There are even recorded cases of brain tumours causing a shift in a person's personality to such a degree that they activate illicit sexual desires. We're talking happy, sexually normative people who demonstrate no history of abuse who revert to their old selves the moment the tumour is dealt with. Sick people in the medical sense, not the Daily Mail sense.

My point is that branding someone 'evil' (whatever that is) without first looking at the root of the problem doesn't move us any closer to solving it. It also gives rise to situations where innocent people end up vilified or worse.

I am the last person to accuse anyone of anything but when the evidence is there then yes, I think finger pointing and vilification is justified.

And to be honest I hope this thing on ITV about Jimmy Savile comes to nothing, because there is no material evidence photos/video, it's just word of mouth.

Quote: Nigel Ball @ October 2 2012, 5:39 PM BST

And to be honest I hope this thing on ITV about Jimmy Savile comes to nothing, because there is no material evidence photos/video, it's just word of mouth.

Yeah, I wanna see the photos...

Quote: David Bussell @ October 2 2012, 12:08 AM BST

If you knew why didn't you say something?! You're worse than the BBC and the Hitler combined!

I thought it was common knowledge.

Quote: Chappers @ October 2 2012, 6:19 PM BST

I thought it was common knowledge.

It was.

As noted earlier in this thread, Louis Theroux quizzed him about it, albeit somewhat tactfully, ON THE BBC several years ago.

How about he was just a deeplly eccentric fellow with no sex drive?