Jimmy Savile on HIGNFY - was this a HOAX? Page 3

Most people seem to think he was probably dodgy.

It does not matter to me whether Jimmy Saville was a paedophile or not. I detested and despised him purely as a TV presenter.

He was a perfectly good entertainer for the time. And what ever stories there were about him were insufficiently interesting to excite the media or the police. Like the Sun et al wouldn't have been all over him if there was even a ghost of a story.

Quote: sootyj @ September 22 2012, 9:25 AM BST

He was a perfectly good entertainer for the time.

No, no he really wasn't. He was f**king terrible.

I LOVED Jim'll Fix It.

He was always really odd. But his shows were great.

Quote: sootyj @ September 22 2012, 9:25 AM BST

He was a perfectly good entertainer for the time. And what ever stories there were about him were insufficiently interesting to excite the media or the police. Like the Sun et al wouldn't have been all over him if there was even a ghost of a story.

Not true at all. Papers sat on the story of Frankie Howerd being gay for years, even when it was still illegal.

Mind you they were probably inclined to be cautious after Liberace successfully sued for libel after being accused of being gay...

I believe that was after they knew of Frankie, but may have been a consideration all the same, yes.

Quote: Aaron @ September 22 2012, 10:48 AM BST

Not true at all. Papers sat on the story of Frankie Howerd being gay for years, even when it was still illegal.

Papers sit on loads of stories.

The Prince Charles one was known to Fleet Street for yonks before the News of the World took a pop at it in 2003.

They're still sitting on the one about the [CENSORED] of the [CENSORED] who tried to [CENSORED] due to the Iraq war.

Quote: Aaron @ September 22 2012, 10:48 AM BST

Gayness was illegal up until the mid 1960s.

When did Frankie's career kick off so to speak?

Quote: zooo @ September 22 2012, 10:16 AM BST

I LOVED Jim'll Fix It.

He was always really odd. But his shows were great.

I liked Jim'll fix it.

Probably because he came over as an engaging mental case.

Quote: zooo @ September 21 2012, 10:20 PM BST

Most people seem to think he was probably dodgy.

Most people might be right...

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/jimmy-savile-sexually-abused-us-as-girls-10-women-tell-tv-expos-8189637.html

One has to wonder why these girls didn't say anything during his lifetime. Fear of a traumatic court case, maybe?

No hoax at all

I remember watching the footage myself.Car crash TV at it's best/worst

It's the kind of thing you witness and never ever forget.Why I.H has said it's a hoax is beyond me but that transcript IS verbatim

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 28 2012, 12:57 PM BST

One has to wonder why these girls didn't say anything during his lifetime. Fear of a traumatic court case, maybe?

They did but it wasn't followed up, the last lot I read about were in care so probably didn't think they'd be believed.

And Saville was beloved for many years.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. Was Saville that all powerful that such complaints would have been ignored in his lifetime. I am always suspicious when such allegations are made after somebody's death.