Paper on Outnumbered

Hi everybody!

I am a German grammar school student, and I have to write an English paper on the topic 'The daily chaos of British family life on the example of Outnumbered'. The main theme has to be 'British Humour', though. Unfortunately, as a German I don't really know a whole lot about the typically British Humour, and therefore, I need your help! I would like to analyse a few different scenes of the TV sitcom Outnumbered; I am going to first describe them briefly, then try to justify in psychological terms, why each of the characters is behaving they way they do, and finally analyse the humourous elements in various scenes. So if you are a little familiar with Outnumbered, it would be great if you just briefly stated which kinds of British Humour the series contains and why you think that different parts or the series as a whole are considered to be funny.

Thank you very much for helping me to get a good grade on my paper! :)

I don't think you can write about comedy unless you have a sense of humour. (Though admitting you have no sense of humour may possibly make you similar to some people round here...)

Is this serious? If so, just go for the class system, loads of academic debates that can be endlessly discussed and disputed with no real right or wrong answers