Jokes needed for community radio show Page 2

Quote: evan rubivellian @ October 26 2011, 10:37 PM BST

What does a clock do when it's hungry?

Go back four seconds.

*Bows at the feet of a master...

I'm worried about you Tuumble. That poo has been stuck at 85% for ages.

I've emailed you a couple of jokes.

Thanks everyone - I have all the material I need now. Tune in around 8.35 to hear the specially edited clip. :)

Good luck with it, break a leg but don't take a Tuumble!

Marc "always takes the" P

I'd have made spaghetti bolognese for lunch today if only I'd had the time.

I made a texmex dish based on minced beef and kidney beans.

But it won't heat up

It's always chilli

Do professional golfers only work at tea time?

In breaking news it has just been announced that the curator of Big Ben has just been fired for clock watching.

Just so you're all aware I had to take a couple of liberties with a couple gags for a combination of space and production reasons. Hopefully you'll feel I've retained the integrity of the jokes.

I'll catch up with all individually after the show.

When you say "space" you really mean "time", don't you?!

... as the actress said to Einstein.

I'm liking the tunes :)

The BCG jokefest section can be heard at about 42:30 on the Pleasuredome Pick'n'Mix podcast

http://peterborough.fm/podcasts

I really enjoyed the show - my contribution was the Pink Floyd joke.

Tuumble - do you know how many people tuned in?

Quote: groovydude89 @ October 28 2011, 12:52 AM BST

I really enjoyed the show.

My contribution was the Pink Floyd joke.

You don't realise just how close you were to being credited with a joke and not actually having it read out!

About 75 minutes before I was due to go on air I was writing the CD-Rs for the show and something didn't right about the clip. I listened to it back and then realised what I'd done - I'd somehow not read your gag out!

I quickly recorded the joke on my iPhone, sent it to my Mac, cut it into my Audacity source file and resaved it. If you listen closely the sound is very slightly different for your bit compared to the others.

I then had to make two new CD-Rs (one for each deck in the studio) and it was at this point where I created the problem you may have heard during the show. Because the iTunes playlist added the new version of the BCG file to end of the original playlist, it messed up my scripted running order hence the wrong track being queued up.

No real harm done I think but it was a bit chaotic for a while. :)

As for audience figures it's hard to say. At the moment it only streams over the Internet but they do have occasional full FM licences during the year - I think there's one before Christmas in fact.

I did hear a figure of 40,000 mentioned but I have no idea whether that means over a year or daily or what. I'll see if I can get some context on that number anyway.