Spy - Series 1 Page 2

Just watched it. Thought it was impressive. The kid is extremely unlikeable, but Boyd's lead character is great.

Matthew Stott: And psychologists in my case.

Barry: I haven't seen it yet, but the only thing I didn't like about the synopsis was the kid. It seemed a contrived way of trying to wring some melodrama from the idea. Bilko didn't need to do that sort of thing. Can't comedies just be funny?

The kid is there as a foil to the lead's bumblicity.

A foil, eh? I should be able to think of a riposte...

So, they're not overdoing the melodrama, then?

Does anyone know if/when the first ep is being repeated?

Quote: evan rubivellian @ October 15 2011, 1:11 PM BST

A foil, eh? I should be able to think of a riposte...

So, they're not overdoing the melodrama, then?

:) and shouldn't think so. He is the apotheosis of efficiency and wisdom held up for your man to see his own failings. A comedy foil.

Quote: AJGO @ October 15 2011, 1:14 PM BST

Does anyone know if/when the first ep is being repeated?

Looks like it's repeated on Sky 1, 5:30pm Sun 16 Oct.

And, if I'm going to be anal about it, which I am, it's also on Sky 2 at 7pm on Sunday, and Sky 2 at 8:30 on Wednesday.
:)

Quote: zooo @ October 15 2011, 1:36 PM BST

Looks like it's repeated on Sky 1, 5:30pm Sun 16 Oct.

And, if I'm going to be anal about it, which I am, it's also on Sky 2 at 7pm on Sunday, and Sky 2 at 8:30 on Wednesday.
:)

Repeats are listed in our guides, if you care to look.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/spy/episodes/1/1/

Quote: Aaron @ October 15 2011, 2:50 PM BST

Repeats are listed in our guides, if you care to look.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/spy/episodes/1/1/

I did care to look, and obviously read right over it!

I really enjoyed it. The kid was like a little mini-Stewie from Family Guy, except not as likeable.

It showed promise although I thought the exam bit was overdone in a Mr Bean kind of way. Will watch next week though.

It was ok, nothing special.

I did like Lindsay's 'Sugar' haircut though. :D

Quote: zooo @ October 14 2011, 11:27 PM BST

The kid ... looked like a miniature Kevin Bishop)...

This! What is it with you reading my mind? (The Daisy/Oregon thing in Fresh Meat too!)

I liked this. Slightly forgiving as an opening episode, but can see it being funnier and very entertaining in the long run. Hopefully!

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ October 21 2011, 1:24 PM BST

This! What is it with you reading my mind? (The Daisy/Oregon thing in Fresh Meat too!)

Hehe. It's actually freakish how much he looks like him. Not that the kid is a freak, he's cute. (He's not reading this, right...?)