Dangerous fake email scams Page 20

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 12th May 2015, 10:01 PM BST

They sometimes also masquerade as long lost pals.. not that you had any.. ;-)

I have a standing order with 'Rent-a-Friend', Mr Rage! :P

Tax Refund Confirmation

Lloyds bank will send you a refund automatically when you've paid too much tax.
After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity, we have determined that you are
eligible to receive a tax refund of 736.30 GBP.

Please click here to have your tax refund sent to your bank account.

Note : A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons, for example submitting invalid records
or not completing the online form above. After filling the request form, please allow up to 5-7 business days for the refund
to reflect in your account.
Best Regards
Lloyds Bank

Wot?

Hello there again,

Has our mail been delivered?
Also, beneath is the sports fact I was telling you about...
Priya Ramaswami lives with her husband Sanjay Ramaswami-Sanjay and supports his dream to pursue a career in music. She has her own dreams of being an editor of a magazine as well as starting a family with her husband. She starts off having a job in the Journalism track and holds the level of Fact Checker. They live in the secret sub-neighborhood Weather.
Oddly, when Priya is pregnant her hairstyle changes into plaits. This is probably because The Sims 2 Seasons-Seasons (the expansion pack in which she was introduced) was the first to allow a different hairstyle to be set for every outfit a Sim wears, and Priya is being used to showcase this new feature. However, since maternity outfits cannot be chosen by the player, most pregnant Sims retain their everyday hairstyles during pregnancy.
*Priya and Sanjay Ramaswami-Sanjay's character data can be found on The Sims Castaway Stories using SimPE.

Rachel Clark

Quote: Oldrocker @ 3rd June 2015, 11:23 PM BST

Wot?

Hello there again,

Has our mail been delivered?
Also, beneath is the sports fact I was telling you about...
Priya Ramaswami lives with her husband Sanjay Ramaswami-Sanjay and supports his dream to pursue a career in music. She has her own dreams of being an editor of a magazine as well as starting a family with her husband. She starts off having a job in the Journalism track and holds the level of Fact Checker. They live in the secret sub-neighborhood Weather.
Oddly, when Priya is pregnant her hairstyle changes into plaits. This is probably because The Sims 2 Seasons-Seasons (the expansion pack in which she was introduced) was the first to allow a different hairstyle to be set for every outfit a Sim wears, and Priya is being used to showcase this new feature. However, since maternity outfits cannot be chosen by the player, most pregnant Sims retain their everyday hairstyles during pregnancy.
*Priya and Sanjay Ramaswami-Sanjay's character data can be found on The Sims Castaway Stories using SimPE.

Rachel Clark

Um - yes! Shouldn't that be Fact Hunter?

Warning from HMRC in the local rag if you are putting in a claim for a tax rebate before the 31st July deadline.

There were almost 51,000 reported phishing emails to the HMRC last year at this time, which was double the number on the previous year.

As with banks, they will NEVER ask for personal details via an email.

Good evening Stylee, I am your bank manager. :) Our computer is playing up, so please can you let me have your account number, PIN and shoe size.

Dear PayPal customer,

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Why is my account access limited?
Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):
We have reason to believe that your account was accessed by a third party. We have limited access to sensitive PayPal account features in case your account has been accessed by an unauthorized third party. We understand that having limited access can be an inconvenience, but protecting your account is our primary concern.

Please proceed with account restoration:

Restore Account

Cheeky f**kers. (I went to my Paypal account - not through their link, obviously, and it's all working fine.)

I have had an email similar to this from the real Paypal before, so this could catch some people out.

Yeh me too and Paypal can be buggy as f**k, with needing to enter password multiple times.

I don't know why the government can't drone bomb the bastards.

Quote: zooo @ 10th August 2015, 10:31 AM BST

Cheeky f**kers. (I went to my Paypal account - not through their link, obviously, and it's all working fine.)

I have had an email similar to this from the real Paypal before, so this could catch some people out.

Delete them without even reading same.

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes, my family and I came down here to Kiev, Ukraine for a short vacation,unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed all cash,credit card and mobile phone were stolen off us but luckily we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the Embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all the bad news is our flight will be leaving in less than 8-hrs from now but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills.

I'll need your help (LOAN) financially of $2,500. I promise to make the refund once we get back home. Please let me know if I can count on you and I need you to keep checking your email because it's the only way I can reach

Mary (Peggy) Hamme Youngblood
1517 Tanglewood Circle

I particularly like the 'Peggy' in brackets.
Just so you don't mix her up with any of the other Hamme Youngblood's you know.....

It's lucky they've got your email addres then isn't it.

I've had those sort of Paypal emails which is quite fascinating as I've so far avoided ever having a Paypal account.

Ha, yes. Like all the bank emails I get from the banks I've never been with.

FAKE:

Dear Customer

Please open the attached file to view correspondence from Transport for London.

If the attachment is in PDF format you may need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read or download this attachment. If you require Adobe Acrobat Reader this is available at no cost from the Adobe Website www.adobe.com

Thank you for contacting Transport for London.

Business Operations
Customer Service Representative

This email and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee, are strictly confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient any reading, dissemination, copying or any other use or reliance is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately by email and then permanently delete the email.

Not really a dangerous email but I ordered a CD from Amazon, then got an email back saying my payment had been declined. Consequently I ordered it again. Then I got another email saying the same thing so I gave up.

Today I got 2 copies of the CD in question through the post. Obviously going to return one but wondered why I got those emails.