The Office: The Scripts

Does anyone know if the book The Office: The Scripts - Series 1 is still available? Amazon doesn't have it in stock and Play.com doesn't deliver to Belgium. If it's still availlable I can order it in a regular book shop perhaps...

Never mind - I already have my answer. At Waterstones Brussels they told me it's not availlable anymore. A bit disappointed now...

I got it years ago when my Sussex Stationers was closing down.

I started using the layout as my script template but was told it wasn't a recognised format.

There are used and new ones available on Amazon:

See Amazon product listing

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ October 13 2011, 4:29 PM BST

There are used and new ones available on Amazon:

See Amazon product listing

Dan

They don't have it in stock anymore. In the bookshop they told me it might be republished again but not for the moment.

Both books available on eBay starting at a quid.

Quote: Vicky Pollard @ October 13 2011, 5:28 PM BST

They don't have it in stock anymore. In the bookshop they told me it might be republished again but not for the moment.

Maybe you don't see it as you are overseas, but there are plenty of copies on Marketplace, Amazon's second hand / 3rd party sales section. That is what Dan was trying to point you to.

Try this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0563488476/comedyguide-21/ref=olp_tab_all

Right :-)

I'm not so familiar with online bookshops. Thanx :$

I ordered the book this morning online on a second-hand bookshop (my colleague was willing to help me) so now I'm not disappointed anymore. Hooray!

They're not actually the scripts - they're just transcripts of the recorded show. Not much use unless you haven't got the DVD.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 14 2011, 11:47 PM BST

They're not actually the scripts - they're just transcripts of the recorded show. Not much use unless you haven't got the DVD.

Laughing out loud

So they didn't keep to the scripts then?

Quote: Chappers @ October 15 2011, 6:41 PM BST

Laughing out loud

So they didn't keep to the scripts then?

We don't know do we, but finding out might be why someone would want to look at the script - to trace the journey from the writers' conception through to the finished article with ad libs and ad hoc improvements from directors and actors etc. Unfortunately we can't do that because these aren't the scripts, they're transcripts made from the finished show bya person or persons unknown.

I bought these scripts a while ago, and they're not too good to learn from if your starting out. They are slower paced than most sitcoms and have a different layout. Not a bad thing, obviously it's genius, but not too good if you're using it to get the basics, since it's quite unconventional.

Edited by Aaron - grammar.