Offensive Humour Survey

Hi, I'm doing a survey for an essay on offensive humour and how it is perceived, and I need some more people to answer the questions. Feel free to go on it. Link : http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YRF2XXV Thanks! :)

Done Wave

done....

Done - didn't realise just how hard to offend I am :)

One thing it touched on that perplexes me - how can Gina Yashere (surely a contender for the James Corden Unfunniest Person award) tell a crap joke in a mock Nigerian accent and be met with howls of laughter, whereas if Jimmy Carr did the same ....?

Why do you think?

Quote: zooo @ October 12 2011, 9:43 PM BST

Why do you think?

People are (generally) stupid? ;)

That is certainly part of it!

Perhaps this small piece of research will help answer such thorny questions.

Done :-)

I had a look, but immediately came across a problem with the way the questions were phrased. For example:
"How offensive do you think these types of jokes are: Jokes told at the expense of disabled people".
Then later,
"3. Do you think that how offensive a joke is can vary depending on the joke teller, if they have characteristics relevant to the joke topic? "
The answer is 'yes, absolutely, it's all about context, which is why I can't answer the previous question'.

I think if a joke is funny, then I don't think its offensive, but if its just an unfunny rant about a minority thenthat's offensive, but if its funny I don't care how offensive it, its still funny

Done, although I do wonder why you only mentioned one World War and not both.

Context, Audience & Delivery.

Everything else is just semantics...Unless of course you're anti-semantic.

Done as well. Good survey. Turns out I get more offended than I thought.

done