Not Going Out - Series 5 Page 6

Quote: Aaron @ March 26 2012, 5:28 PM BST

But not Barbara.

How come?

She never felt like she fitted in, and her sole purpose was to act as Lee's subconscious, a narrative tool that can be achieved without her presence.

Quote: Aaron @ March 26 2012, 5:39 PM BST

She never felt like she fitted in, and her sole purpose was to act as Lee's subconscious, a narrative tool that can be achieved without her presence.

True, but Miranda did make the character pretty funny - don't you agree?

Not really, no.

Oh - OK, suit yourself, aha.

Who's your favourite character - although I think I've asked you this before.

Lee, of course!

Of course! I think I did ask you that before.

I didn't dislike the American one (Kate?), but I felt that something about her didn't quite work.

I like Barbara, but I'm happier with Miranda having her own show!

Quote: zooo @ March 26 2012, 6:22 PM BST

I didn't dislike the American one (Kate?), but I felt that something about her didn't quite work.

I like Barbara, but I'm happier with Miranda having her own show!

I agree with both of your comments. :D Kate's character didn't really work for me as she wasn't as funny as the other characters (namely Tim and Lee) and didn't make me laugh at all throughout series one (except 'Stress' which was a rather good episode with Kate's driving test and Lee's acupuncture session).

I loved Barbara and I love Miranda - but which is better, there's only one way to find out! FIG... oh wait, it's finished now. I forgot. :(

Aaron, do you know for sure when Not Going Out series five is on or is the transmission date still in limbo at the moment?

First full week of April. Exact slot TBC.

Barbara was my far the best character. Simply because what they got out of her small cameo's was far greater than what any other character delivered in 4 or 5 times that amount of time. And Lee was at his best when he was playing off Miranda.

Daisy is the sort of character who needs to be in one scene per episode and any more is a complete waste.

The TV guide (which came out today and starts Saturday) says it NGO is featured in its next issue. Just a couple more weeks to wait!

The slot should be confirmed tomorrow.

Cool.