Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Series 25 Page 2

They would have probably tried to absolutely demolish her - but she appeared to be so relentlessly cheery, they'd have just ended up looking like massive bell ends.

Quote: Aaron @ October 18 2011, 10:52 PM BST

A very enjoyable episode. Not the funniest, but had a great feeling to it. Tony, Stacey and Noel should be on every week.

I thought it was great too. :)

Buxton was brilliant, I haven't laughed so much at this in ages.

That was ace. Can Adam Buxton do it every weeeeek?
He made up a load of extra rounds and everything, bless him.
And they were better. Especially the fill in the missing words in the comments round. Hilarious.

The Moby,Moby was the first time I've laughed at Buzzcocks since Rhod Gilbert hosted.

Ha, that was hilarious.
I counted the right number as well. *gloats*

Quote: jhmagic1 @ October 25 2011, 2:49 PM BST

The Moby,Moby was the first time I've laughed at Buzzcocks since Rhod Gilbert hosted.

Same. I think that is the first time I have laughed until my sides ache whilst watching any BBC panel show. It seemed like a large crossover of his BUG material and a bit from the 6music show. It would be great if he became a returning host.

He's definitely put more effort and thought into it than any other guest host they've had.

Quote: zooo @ October 24 2011, 10:26 PM BST

That was ace. Can Adam Buxton do it every weeeeek?
He made up a load of extra rounds and everything, bless him.
And they were better. Especially the fill in the missing words in the comments round. Hilarious.

I just don't "get" Adam Buxton. I don't find him funny at all.

Quote: ShoePie @ October 18 2011, 12:27 AM BST

I haven't seen this in years! Took a while to get used to the new streamlined Phil Jupitus.

Phill Jupitus? I thought it was Rolf Harris.

Well that was disappointing after last week's episode.

Hopefully Greg Davies will do better next week, or sutin.

Teehee.

*laughs to self*

Hate to disappoint you, but I believe these shows work by the regular writers mimicking the style of the guest host - Buxton certainly didn't receive any creative or authoring credit for the episode. See also Bruce Forsyth on Have I Got News For You.

Anyway, the Buxton ep was a bit of a mish-mash for me. Nice to have some changes, but some of it felt too forced and 'meh'. Moby was excellent though, brilliantly unhinged.

As for tonight's, Will Young is great, but the episode was a little flat. His in- and out-tro sketches were surrealy brilliant and Paul Foot had a few gems, but otherwise the guests were just rather dull. I'm struggling to remember who they were only a couple of hours afterwards.

I've never thought that any of the other hosts had anything to do with what they did. Never even occured to me. But Buxton's really did seem to be his own ideas. Not all the rounds, but some of it. Especially the stupid songs, it was exactly the same as the stuff he does on his own programmes.

It may very well be that he wrote the actual songs, but as I understand it, he would've been asked by the writers/producers to provide such material for the show.

Sure, I can believe that part. But I doubt they asked any of the other hosts to do that, like the Hoff. Because they wouldn't be capable.