Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Series 25

Does this thread already exist? Couldn't find it but can't believe at least a few people didn't have shareable opinions on Hasselhoff presenting.
BBC iPlayer didn't list Loick Essien's name in the programme info, which I thought was quite rude. Thanks BCG for knowing all :D

I thought it was alright. Nothing special, but nothing particularly wrong with it. Although why they've recreated the title sequence, as far as I can make out, shot-for-shot, in CGI, I'm really not sure. Is the show now produced in HD and the old video sequence wasn't available in that quality, perhaps? Odd.

What did you think, AJGO?

I quite like the guest presenters but the self-referential 'isn't this kitsch' ones make me cringe.
Not impressed to see in the BCG guide that someone from Made In Chelsea is on the next show- if they need vaguely relevant guests no-one's really heard of or cares about, the music industry is full of people who might just turn out to be interesting or make half-decent music.

Watched this last night - and wasn't as brilliant as normal. The bullying of the "stupid guest", this week's Made in Chelsea man, is just getting a bit tired. Yes we know they don't get it, but then it's the same with Shooting Stars and the "lady seat".

I am hoping for it to get better. Just seems a bit tired overall.

It didn't really work with bullying him, did it? Unlike most of the guests in that position, he mightn't have known much about the music they were asking about, but he wasn't actually stupid, so the barbs and loaded questions just made the show look ridiculous rather than him.

It does bother me when guests haven't researched the basics of the show though. I know agents get them on and they're probably very busy trying to pull page 3 girls in tacky clubs, but half hour to familiarise yourself with something that's a showcase for you is just professional.

Quote: Aaron @ October 12 2011, 1:16 PM BST

It didn't really work with bullying him, did it? Unlike most of the guests in that position, he mightn't have known much about the music they were asking about, but he wasn't actually stupid, so the barbs and loaded questions just made the show look ridiculous rather than him.

Yeah agree - they even pointed out - he wasn't old enough to know most of the music.

Quote: AJGO @ October 12 2011, 1:22 PM BST

It does bother me when guests haven't researched the basics of the show though.

I think that USED to be the case... again with Shooting Stars - but these Z list celebrities know the score.

Quote: EllieJP @ October 12 2011, 5:10 PM BST

Yeah agree - they even pointed out - he wasn't old enough to know most of the music.

I think that USED to be the case... again with Shooting Stars - but these Z list celebrities know the score.

I think you're contradicting yourself a bit there Ellie. If they know the score then they should accept they're going to get the piss taken out of them.

Am I the only one who has noticed that show is focussing less on the quiz aspect and has more f**king around? What, with the stuff before the credits, and things like that.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, a part of me finds it quite irritating, but it can be quite amusing...

Nope, I've noticed it too. It's far more focussed around the guest host and whatever their schtick is, than about deriving comedy from music.

It can still prove to be quite funny, but I just feel ... well, if you're going to make this type of programme rather than a good narrative-driven sitcom, make this type of programme, don't go all half-arsed about it and fudge it even further into throwaway, generic entertainment.

I haven't seen this in years! Took a while to get used to the new streamlined Phil Jupitus.

And I thought Stacey Solomon was by far the funniest person on tonight's show. She should definitely start going on more panel shows.

She was funny.
Jarred was good too. It's so much better when they have several comedians on, instead of endless reality TV or even music nobodies.

Cringe worthy stuff.

A very enjoyable episode. Not the funniest, but had a great feeling to it. Tony, Stacey and Noel should be on every week.

It was funny, yes, but it didn't feel like what Buzzcocks should be. I'd have loved to have seen what Lamarr or Amstell made of Solomon, but I suppose it can't be helped.