Live At The Apollo - Series 7

If you believe Wikipedia - and much of this is corroborated by people on Twitter, so it seems to be right - these are the lineups for this series:

* Sean Lock introducing Ed Byrne and Lee Nelson
* Jason Manford introducing Tom Stade and Jimeoin
* Jack Whitehall introducing Josh Widdicombe and Shappi Khorsandi
* Sarah Millican introducing Steve Hughes and Russell Kane
* Alan Carr introducing Andi Osho and Patrick Kielty
* Micky Flanagan introducing Seann Walsh and Jason Byrne
* Andy Parsons introducing Andrew Lawrence and Milton Jones
* Rich Hall introducing Mark Watson and Andrew Maxwell

So generally more of the same, basically?

This is the perfect arena to breed new stars. A big name should scout out and present a new and up and coming stand-up. Nothing like reality television related. We don't see the process. It's just someone like Dara O'Briain walking out on stage saying: "I've been following this guy's career, he's going to be huge, here he is: Stuart Laws". For example.

Instead we are being treated to recycled quiz show panel guests constantly beating us to death with their familiar faces and in their contented ways just drooling into the microphone to rapturous applause.

Boring.

Quote: Leevil @ October 2 2011, 3:11 PM BST

..a new up-and-coming stand-up.

..but there aren't any.. the whole genre has become too hackneyed in my opinion. Someone needs to bring back theatre into their act and drop the "clever" wordplay stuff. Where are the new acts who can make you laugh without saying anything? I'm really bored with the whole "stand-up" thing at the mo. Nobody pushing the envelope, just playing safe.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ October 30 2011, 11:43 PM BST

..but there aren't any.. the whole genre has become too hackneyed in my opinion. Someone needs to bring back theatre into their act and drop the "clever" wordplay stuff. Where are the new acts who can make you laugh without saying anything? I'm really bored with the whole "stand-up" thing at the mo. Nobody pushing the envelope, just playing safe.

The Boy with Tape on his Face and Raymond and Mr Timpkins Revue are two acts that I would suggest you check out if you've got bored with "straight" stand up.