Totally Tom

Anyone else catch their Comedy Lab? Excellent, I thought. Both very good performers. Some sketches seemed more dark than funny, but there were a couple of corkers. The Hitler Youth series (perfect execution of a funny idea IMO) and the T4/Big Ear one was very very funny. Hope this leads to a totally full series commission.

I saw this, very much enjoyed it. The pick for me out of the E4 Comedy Labs so far.

I liked this too. Quite dark in places.

I really enjoyed it. The Hitler youth was great and the 2 girl best friends were terrifying.
They both make really convincing, if weird looking girls.

I remember the police interview sketch (I think that was the first one?) as starting well but going on far too long. In fact, all of these sketches were very long. There can't have been more than about 6 in the whole programme.

Having said that, there were some good ideas. The Hitler youth series was the best thing and very funny.

Quote: Kaytee @ September 21 2011, 1:29 PM BST

I remember the police interview sketch (I think that was the first one?) as starting well but going on far too long. In fact, all of these sketches were very long. There can't have been more than about 6 in the whole programme.

Having said that, there were some good ideas. The Hitler youth series was the best thing and very funny.

Yup. Seemed an odd choice to open with. Not their strongest, for me. And I'd have thought with fairly new performers/ material for most the audience, you'd open with the best material? Maybe not.

I quite like their longer character driven 'sketches'. Gives the audience a chance to get acquainted. Although the police sketch was too long. Needed a strong 'out'. It might have been cut sooner if their budget allowed them to have shot more, I guess.

Anyway I think in the not too distant future they'll be on a par with Armstrong & Miller/ Mitchell & Webb.

I also thought it was very good. Some incredibly dark, twisted stuff, but it was - unlike in many similar cases - nevertheless very funny.

I absolutely loved the 'Totally Curly' sketch. Weird subject but brilliant performances. Paraphrasing but:

"You've been to that PHOTO BOOTH you're obsessed with AGAIN!! / Youuuuuuu with Elvis! Youuuuu with Captain Jack Sparrow!!!! / One of you looking normal!!!!"

"That's a passport photo!!" :D

I hope it/they get a series - they've got huge potential.

Watched this today and thought it was very good. The Hitler Youth stuff (Bratwurst?) was great, it seemed to me that they had parodied the cheesy/Hollyoaks type angle with the Nazis.. Great fun.