The most underrated comedy of all time? Page 9

I agree that it's underrated. But george, I think you might be trying to say you think it's overrated.

Quote: zooo @ March 22 2013, 11:33 AM GMT

I agree that it's underrated. But george, I think you might be trying to say you think it's overrated.

No, I think what he means is that it's a sketch show.

Quote: David Bussell @ March 22 2013, 11:34 AM GMT

No, I think what he means is that it's a sketch show.

We already agreed, if anyone goes there again I'm allowed to kill them.

Filthy, Rich & Catflap

Quote: george roper @ March 21 2013, 9:53 PM GMT

Absolutely hate The League Of Gentlemen. I think it's awful and underrated but that's my opinion though. Angry

Yeah, I agree with you. But I think you mean it's overrated. League was a huge disappointment to me. I got the DVDs to watch because I had heard how good it was. I didn't really find it funny but I stuck with it thinking it was going to get better and become the great comedy that I'd heard about. It never did.

Quote: zooo @ March 22 2013, 11:35 AM GMT

We already agreed, if anyone goes there again I'm allowed to kill them.

I for one will not be reminding you of how terribly, shamefully wrong you are. I'm a gentleman.

How about Operation Good Guys written by Ray Burdis .

That is awful.

But I like you?

Well I don't like most modern comedies.I am just more into classic comedies. :D

Quote: JohnnyD @ March 22 2013, 3:23 PM GMT

Filthy, Rich & Catflap

agreed
Geek

Quote: toastie @ April 15 2013, 10:12 PM BST

agreed
Geek

I like old comedies aswell however I seem to prefer American comedies. People Like Us was ok back when...

I thought the League of Gentlemen was fantastic & definitely underrated.

Genuinely innovative, twisted characters, made a world of its own at a strange angle to reality, blended elements of horror with comedy, satirical, quotable ('this is a local shop for local people') & just gloriously weird, dark, grotesque and different.

It did take a couple of episodes to get into it, though - you just had to sort of accept the weirdness and go with it until it started to make sense.

Quote: Rupe @ April 16 2013, 3:16 PM BST

I thought the League of Gentlemen was fantastic & definitely underrated.

Genuinely innovative, twisted characters, made a world of its own at a strange angle to reality, blended elements of horror with comedy, satirical, quotable ('this is a local shop for local people') & just gloriously weird, dark, grotesque and different.

It did take a couple of episodes to get into it, though - you just had to sort of accept the weirdness and go with it until it started to make sense.

That.

I think The League of Gentlemen wasn't underrated.