The most underrated comedy of all time? Page 19

When In Rome

• Thursday 2nd November 2017, 8:12am
  • Rotterdam (or anywhere), United Kingdom
  • 26 posts

Early Doors is my favourite but of course it wouldn't feature in a best of all time scenario.

The Brittas Empire can just do one.

John M

• Saturday 11th November 2017, 7:37pm [Edited]
  • Aberdeenshire, Scotland
  • 212 posts
Quote: george roper @ 31st August 2015, 11:33 PM

Love Thy Neighbour

With the shift in attitudes and laws, LTN very rarely gets a favourable review these days. Like a lot of people say, you need to take into account the era in which it was made - different time, different rules.

paulted

• Saturday 11th November 2017, 10:11pm
  • 127 Inkerman Terrace, Newcastle, England
  • 547 posts
Quote: John M @ 11th November 2017, 7:37 PM

With the shift in attitudes and laws, LTN very rarely gets a favourable review these days. Like a lot of people say, you need to take into account the era in which it was made - different time, different rules.

I remember my parents age group laughing like drains at this when I was a kid. As I had only dim memories of it (as it has rarely been repeated-shock!) I watched a dvd recently. If you take away the obvious unsavoury race politics and judge it as a comedy vehicle, it just looks cheap, badly acted, and has very few gags. This is also the case with most of the ITV sitcoms of this period.

Off-topic post by Amelia Marcil on Thu 23rd Nov 2017, 13:40
Quote: Nick @ 21st September 2011, 9:18 AM

One underrated sitcom that I would nominate would be Heil Hitler I'm Home. Not because I think it was good particularly but more just because it didn't deserve the reception that it received and should have been allowed to run past its first episode. It fits into the misunderstood category anyway.

I agree with some users here, everybody loves richmond its the one!

Kapow

• Tuesday 28th November 2017, 2:21pm
  • Almirante Brown, Argentina
  • 168 posts

Nothing more underrated in this world as the works of stand up comedian actor Norm MacDonald. Love him a lot just wish his work was better known. I guess genious like his is never noticed until its gone. Shame really.

Firkin

• Tuesday 28th November 2017, 2:50pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 552 posts
Quote: Kapow @ 28th November 2017, 2:21 PM

Norm MacDonald. Love him a lot just wish his work was better known.

He has a special on Netflix. I love his unique understated delivery.

Aid

• Monday 24th September 2018, 3:15pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 3 posts

Heartburn Hotel from the late 90s.

Chappers

• Monday 24th September 2018, 9:37pm [Edited]
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,039 posts

Touch Me, I'm Karen Taylor.

lofthouse

• Tuesday 25th September 2018, 6:11pm
  • Nowhere, England
  • 8,938 posts

Operation Good Guys

Wheel

• Wednesday 3rd October 2018, 12:56pm
  • Wakefield, England
  • 244 posts

The Thin Blue Line has to be one for me. I really loved it and I think it should get more praise. It only went for two series, but I really enjoyed it.

Citizen Smith: Overlooked by Only Fools and Horses, John Sullivan 2nd best sitcom. Really good series, loved Robert Lindsay in this and Mike Grady. Brilliant show and very underrated.

I'm sure there is a lot more, but I will think of some later.

roscoff

• Wednesday 3rd October 2018, 11:38pm
  • Llandenny Usk, Wales
  • 7,978 posts

Colin's Sandwich.

smc4761

• Tuesday 11th December 2018, 7:02pm [Edited]
  • Scotland
  • 119 posts

Plenty of great suggestions which makes it all the more infuriating that stations like BBC, Gold, Drama and ITV 3 keep repeating the same old shows.

My personal favourites that are rarely repeated are WATCHING and COUPLING. Watching ran for 7 series but rarely gets a mention despite being one of ITV longest running comedies and had good ratings. Not been repeated since Granada went.

Don't think Coupling has been repeated, especially the first 3 series, very clever writing

ComedyWriter1

• Saturday 22nd December 2018, 4:58am
  • United Kingdom
  • 6 posts
Quote: Kapow @ 28th November 2017, 2:21 PM

Nothing more underrated in this world as the works of stand up comedian actor Norm MacDonald. Love him a lot just wish his work was better known. I guess genious like his is never noticed until its gone. Shame really.

Absolutely agree! A truly unique comic voice. Have been a fan since he did Weekend Update on SNL in the mid 90s.