The most underrated comedy of all time? Page 10

Quote: David Smith @ April 16 2013, 7:58 PM BST

I think The League of Gentlemen wasn't underrated.

I agree. Although it is quite watchable!

Yes.

David, I don't want you to stop contributing, but could I ask you to only post if you've something to add? Agreeing with a point is fine, but we don't need to hear every thought process! If nothing else, I'm afraid we've had comments from non-posting readers that it disrupts the flow of the threads.

Hope that makes sense.

Quote: Aaron @ April 17 2013, 8:55 PM BST

David, I don't want you to stop contributing, but could I ask you to only post if you've something to add? Agreeing with a point is fine, but we don't need to hear every thought process! If nothing else, I'm afraid we've had comments from non-posting readers that it disrupts the flow of the threads.

Hope that makes sense.

Non-posting readers? I think posting-contributors should take precedence. At least they've made an effort to add something and take part.

Yes.

We cater for all of our visitors. Posters play an important part.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 17 2013, 9:26 PM BST

Yes.

Laughing out loud

I thought The Lovers was underrated because it only got 2 series.

Dear John and Citizen Smith.

Early doors for me. A brilliantly crafted character driven comedy set in a bleak pub in the north of England. One of my favourite shows - created by Craig Cash (The Royle Family)

Quote: David Smith @ April 17 2013, 9:47 PM BST

I thought The Lovers was underrated because it only got 2 series.

So did Fawlty Towers, Ripping Yarns and so on...

It was underrated because people (programme planners or viewers/critics) didn't rate it.

Solo.

I thought that You Rang, M'Lord? was underrated.

How about Ripping Yarns and The Wright Way?

There are so many!

'Early Doors'
'TLC'
'The Worst Week of My Life'

But I would say that the top two have to be 'The Visit' and 'Roger and Val Have Just Got In' -both quite different but funny and moving (particularly 'Roger and Val')