Dad's Army - Best episode Page 2

The Deadly Attachment, for me!

Quote: Aaron @ September 11 2011, 2:29 AM BST

No, sadly no DVD company has ever seen fit to release either any of those Christmas shows (there were various, for both BBC and ITV), or any of the individual segments.

However, many can be found in private collections...

Them Christmas Night with the Stars episodes are extras on the Christmas Special DVD though.

Dad's Army is unusual in that it is a classic, old-fashioned sitcom which has never gone out of fashion. I don't have a favourite, they were consistently good (didn't like the film though) and yet surprisingly varied.

Quote: Jack Massey @ September 12 2011, 12:10 PM BST

Them Christmas Night with the Stars episodes are extras on the Christmas Special DVD though.

Are they?! Wow. So they are. Ok, so forget half of my previous post - we have a first!

Quote: Tim Azure @ September 9 2011, 7:55 PM BST

It has to be Mum's Army-an excellent pastiche of Brief Encounter,

Are you talking about the episode with Mainwaring's romantic encounter?

Lovely stuff, really gives Arthur Lowe a chance to show his range. As does the episode when he plays his drunken brother Barry.

I'm going for the Honourable Arthur Wilson as my favourite well.

Quote: youngian @ September 12 2011, 5:52 PM BST

Are you talking about the episode with Mainwaring's romantic encounter?

Yes, I've made the contraversial move of giving the title of the episode and what happens in it...

Love Dad's Army. Don't know the name of the episode, but it's the one where his brother turned up. He liked a drink.

Quote: walt @ September 25 2011, 12:07 AM BST

Love Dad's Army. Don't know the name of the episode, but it's the one where his brother turned up. He liked a drink.

My Brother and I.

Quote: Oldrocker @ September 25 2011, 12:27 AM BST

My Brother and I.

Thanks. A great actor was Arthur Lowe.