Still Game Page 9

Quote: Andicus @ December 9 2010, 10:51 PM GMT

After good ratings for repeat showings of Still Game, Greg Hemphill sounds like he may have softened a bit on the possibility of the return of the show:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3246818/TV-Greg-is-Still-Game-for-show.html#mySunComments#ixzz17eoDc5Xg

I've no idea about the credibility of the Scottish Sun, but any hope is better than none.

I hope so, this was a hilarious series. Thanks for the info. :)

.. we can pray, LOTS!!!!!!!!!

I miss Still Game sooooo much. Saw Greg on that Documentary about Scotland and can't beleive how much he has changed in the space of 3-4 years!!! ... looks heavier in the face and (sorry Greg), but I see a bald patch back there!! lolol

C'mon Ford, Greg & Paul ... bring back some of Scotland's best comedy .. SOON.

All the best,
Cal:)

Scottish comedy is the best in Britain if we compare each country's good shows with its bad.

When it comes to sketches and sitcoms, I've only ever seen brilliant comedy from the Scots.

And their stand-up comedians have always been among the best in the world.

Is it the porridge that does it? Or the haggis? Or what?

Whatever it is, it's doing a great job!

Laughing out loud

Probably a reaction to bagpipes. Have they been declared an instrument of torture by the UN yet?

.. or as my Brother-in-law used to refer to them .... "Agony Bags!" lol

All the best,
Cal :)

I like the bagpipes! But I loves Still Game. That corner shop owner was a wonderfully brilliant character :)

.. one of my favourite Naveed sketches >>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4f0EuwvltA

Quote: Andicus @ December 9 2010, 10:51 PM GMT

After good ratings for repeat showings of Still Game, Greg Hemphill sounds like he may have softened a bit on the possibility of the return of the show:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3246818/TV-Greg-is-Still-Game-for-show.html#mySunComments#ixzz17eoDc5Xg

I've no idea about the credibility of the Scottish Sun, but any hope is better than none.

Just found this:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts-ents/film-tv-features/not-still-game-greg-hemphill-on-splitting-with-ford-kiernan-1.1042291

It's from a while ago, but it doesn't sound like he's that up for bringing it back. :(

And this:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/11/30/still-game-star-greg-hemphill-lands-new-role-as-professional-wrestling-referee-86908-22751449/

:|

.. even with a 0.01% chance of a return, Still Game fans the world over, will never give up hope!!!!

All the best,

I loved the episode where Bobby the barman, and Stevie the obnoxious bookie both fell for ex-boxer Jim Watt's on-screen daughter, and squared up in the boxing ring to win her hand. The banter was great: "Ah'm gonny be takin' her oot, an Ah'm gonny shag her!"

Also love Naveed's way of dealing with the ned mum: "Gerrout, ya junkie barstad!"

The Christmas special was class, with Winston standing in for his pal as a lollipop man, in order not to miss out on the Christmas gratuities, only to be replaced by a skanky little weasel, and farmed out to a rough school.

"Feel the burn Stevie, FEEL THE BURN!!!" lolololol

.. or how about "Can I help you?" ..... "Am Boabie ...... Am Boabie!!!" lololol

... what was that line about the jumbo sized bar of chocolate, if given to a toddler, and a CLASSIC line about toilet outcomes like Jeff Capes? lololol

All the best,

I love Still Game! It was disappointing 3 years ago when the Beeb stopped showing a series halfway through and replaced it with Buzzcocks repeats instead.

I e-mailed the Beeb a while back, who said they had no plans for any repeats. I then e-mailed Dave who gave a reply saying no plans etc etc.

I know humour is subjective, but whenever I have asked friends if they've seen Still Game the answer is always "No" yet they love them when I lend them the DVDs. And I'm sure they're not just being kind!

One of my all time favourite sitcoms. It's a real shame the boys fell-out, but also perhaps a blessing in disguise too, for with such an impressive tally and no dud episodes at all, then maybe in the best traditions of showbiz: "Leave 'em wanting more."

Anybody unfamiliar with this most excellent show could do a lot worse than spend £22.47 (what a strange sum) and treat themselves to the entire works. Six full series and the specials too. Brilliant value for money.

See Amazon product listing

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ July 14 2010, 9:18 PM GMT

Has to rate as one of the worst advertised and scheduled sitcoms ever imo. I didn't even know the last series was on until it was nearly over. Think I only ever saw one full series and two episosdes of the last one, but I still thought it was possibly the best sitcom on TV at the time and definitely the funniest. A proper sitcom. Will probably have to buy the DVDs to watch all that I missed. But I'd still like to know what the BBC were playing at!

Tragically Still Game is a victim of the deep rooted anti-Scottish bias amongst the BBC. Like you say, never properly advertised outwith Scotland.
It got great viewing figures when shown across the UK despite no trailers, nothing. All my English friends love it, and they can't understand why it's not better known in their homeland.
Also, I don't think it was ever even nominated for a British Comedy Award?
Criminal.

Quote: indie buzz @ December 18 2011, 7:13 PM GMT

Tragically Still Game is a victim of the deep rooted anti-Scottish bias amongst the BBC.

Of course, the opposite argument is that the regions demand their own TV channels and vastly different programming, then moan when a particularly good show falls foul of the system.

Don't get me wrong, I like Still Game and think it should be better known, but this kind of thing seems to me an understandable if not regrettable consequence of fragmenting the Beeb to appease regionalists.