Still Game Page 5

Sounds suspiciously like Come Back Mrs Noah, from that tiny bit of synopsis!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/come_back_mrs_noah/

Still Game is quality. It's one of those hidden gems that goes unnoticed for years than everyone finds it. That happened to OFAH didn't it?

I like to think of it as a cross between Last Of The Summer Wine and Rab C. Nesbitt.

Quote: WrongTale @ August 31 2008, 12:11 PM BST

Still Game I got, and the set, as well as Series 6 DVDs have subtitles. I was asking about Dear Green Place.

Dear Green Place IS subtitled. Although, how well an episode entitled "Pish" will translate, is anyone's guess!! Laughing out loud

Quote: The Rook @ September 7 2008, 3:14 PM BST

I like to think of it as a cross between Last Of The Summer Wine and Rab C. Nesbitt.

I said the exact same thing once.

Quote: The Rook @ September 7 2008, 3:14 PM BST

Still Game is quality. It's one of those hidden gems that goes unnoticed for years than everyone finds it. That happened to OFAH didn't it?

Nothing like either programme.

Not literally no, but it's old men getting up to scrapes in Glasgow.

I keep meaning to get the 1-5 boxset, as I've loved the episodes I've seen so far (and I didn't find the Scottish accents to be a problem, so don't worry about that).

Buy it now!!!! It's amazing!! :D

I don't see how people have a problem with the accents. I'm in Bristol and I understand them perfectly.

For the new DVD release it has a 120 minute running time (so presumably it has all 4 festive special).

Welcome ScotiaNova, thanks for the heads up.

Welcome indeed. :)

Thanks for the welcome . . .
My Spanish Nephews and Niece love the show as they spend their Summers with their Grandparents in Scotland (nae luck) and have picked up the patoi no problem . . .

Poor little buggers. :D

Is anyone watching Dear Green Place?
It fills the Still Game hole, but not quite as well . . .

Word has it that Kiernan and Hempell have had a falling out with Paul Riley (Winston), so we'll see what that means for future collaborations . . .

My mistake it's actually Kiernan and Hemphill who've fallen out scuppering their new sitcom in space "Two Bob Rocket" and a Chewin' the Fat festive special . . .

Oh dear

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/features/display.var.2461178.0.0.php

Teary Does that mean no more Still Game?