Him & Her

Can't find a thread for this. Apparently it was on last year but I must've missed it somehow. Anyway I watched "Toast", episode 1 last night. Anyone else catch it? What did you think?

I thought it was compelling, but f**king disgusting to be honest. It's so grim that it's fascinating. Smelly poo jokes, smelly foreskin jokes, vibrators, more poo with realistic sounds of poo-plops, sex jokes, anal sex jokes, dancing willies, pubes on toast, shagging a Mel C lookalike, small penis jokes, a squashed spider and more poo. All set in the most squalid bedsit imaginable that looks like it truly stinks, with two main characters who also look like they stink. With a neighbour who often pops in. Who looks like he stinks. Basically they make the Royles look like Margot and Jerry.

Was it funny though? For me, in parts, yes. I laughed out loud a couple of times but in that "Oh for f**k's sake that's horrible" kind of way. Kind of like the way you'd laugh if you watched one of the Jackass boys drink beer through a wrestler's sweaty jockstrap.

Will I be tuning again? Probably, as I said, it's compellingly-horrid.

I really enjoyed it, very funny.

And there's only been one series so far, Lee.

You're watching the first series repeats, Lee. :)

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/18625/

Quote: Lee Henman @ September 3 2011, 1:46 PM BST

I thought it was compelling, but f**king disgusting to be honest. It's so grim that it's fascinating. Smelly poo jokes, smelly foreskin jokes, vibrators, more poo with realistic sounds of poo-plops, sex jokes, anal sex jokes, dancing willies, pubes on toast, shagging a Mel C lookalike, small penis jokes, a squashed spider and more poo. All set in the most squalid bedsit imaginable that looks like it truly stinks, with two main characters who also look like they stink. With a neighbour who often pops in. Who looks like he stinks. Basically they make the Royles look like Margot and Jerry.

Ha ha. Brilliantly put.