Outnumbered - Series 4

A nice first episode. Not the best, but some great nuggets in there.

But John Sessions - what the hell? Was he trying to be northern or South African? Awful, awful distracting accent.

That was a rather odd accent.
Loved Pete asking if he was a friend of Dorothy.

I thought it sounded like a Birmingham accent. Loved the flashing red light behind the pulpit!

Just finished downloading it. Not sure I'll have a chance to watch it before the neighborhood happy hour begins.

I suppose the kids have grown quite a bit?

Good first episode. Why was he moving his feet?

Quote: DaButt @ September 2 2011, 10:31 PM BST

Just finished downloading it. Not sure I'll have a chance to watch it before the neighborhood happy hour begins.

I suppose the kids have grown quite a bit?

Jake looks the same, Ben's a bit different, but Karen's changed the most. Still adorable though!

Found it a bit flat in the main, not much in the way of laughs. Not bad, but not a strong opener.

I thought they're starting to grow up - as kids tend to do. I don't think they're going to be so "loveable" for much longer.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ September 2 2011, 10:25 PM BST

I thought it sounded like a Birmingham accent. Loved the flashing red light behind the pulpit!

Sounded Brummie/Jewish to me.

Quote: zooo @ September 2 2011, 9:33 PM BST

That was a rather odd accent.

In the Wizard of Oz last week the Cowardly Lion mentioned being a friend of Dorothy.

Quote: zooo @ September 2 2011, 9:33 PM BST

As soon as they bandied the name Dorothy around in the context of gay relationships, that connection became inevitable. Regrettably, mum's inappropriate laughter was also guessable. There was some fun to be had, but there were also a lot of missed opportunities, especially with the kids in the church.
'Outnumbered'? More like 'Out by numbers'.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 2 2011, 10:58 PM BST

Found it a bit flat in the main, not much in the way of laughs. Not bad, but not a strong opener.

This.

I can't bear Outnumbered. You'd pack those kids off to the nearest boarding school at the first opportunity.

Quote: Millsy @ September 3 2011, 12:08 PM BST

I can't bear Outnumbered. You'd pack those kids off to the nearest boarding school at the first opportunity.

Oh I agree. I think they're awful. But the show is quite good though.

Quote: Nogget @ September 3 2011, 4:14 AM BST

'Outnumbered'? More like 'Out by numbers'.

That makes no sense whatsoever. "Out by numbers"? Who uses the expression "out by numbers"? Contrived pun fail.

A good, if not hilarious, opening episode. Karen's plans for muggers the highlight.

I thought it was excellent, some great lines as per usual. Claire Skinner gets hotter by the series.

John Sessions' accent was just a normal brummie one, can't see how it was that odd to some people.

http://www.celebritymoviearchive.com/tour/name.php/262