Hancock's (1967)

Hi folks,

Newbie here, so sorry if this is old ground or should be posted in a different section of the site.

Anyway, I'm a bit Tony Hancock-crazy at the moment and was excited to find this clip of his ill-fated 1967 ABC TV series Hancock's on YouTube: http://youtu.be/oSv74_TSRy4

I know from John Fisher's book on the man that there aren't any complete episodes of the programme in existence, but I wondered if anyone knew of any more clips of the show that might exist? And, while I'm at it, whether any of The Blackpool Show, which he compared in 1966, might still be extant...?

Thanks,

-Tom

Hi Tom, welcome to the site.

Very sad that Hancock's is all gone. Not just because of Tony's great screen presence and talent, but I'd love to see him trying to run a nightclub. Would be great to contrast Hale & Pace's The Management against the Lad!

Sadly, only one episode of The Blackpool Show exists. It's difficult, but not impossible, to come by a copy...

Thanks for the info Aaron. When you say it's 'not impossible' to lay hands on the Blackpool Show, how d'you reckon a curious Hancock fan might go about it...? ;-)

Also, have you seen it? What's Tony like on the programme? I heard the only one that exists was broadcast a few days after his wife's attempted suicide...

I'm not sure of the exact date of Freddie's attempted suicide, but the only surviving show is Tony's final edition, Series 1 episode 7, first broadcast on Sunday 31st July 1966.