The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 77

For those who haven't seen it, here's our latest blog about The Sitcom Mission 2012.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/blog/

Some good, common-sense insights - looking forward to the comp next year.

Loved this line: "One agent described us as 'good people, worth doing'." Laughing out loud

Very interesting blog, and once again congratulations on the shows. The losing money thing is a problem though. I would hope that your industry involvement might mean they might sponsor such things in future? Certainly that was a very big reason I stopped doing The Sitcom Trials back in the day, it was a sure-fire way of losing money and spending a lot of time and effort without quite knowing what the benefits were.

I'm hoping the Mission's growing involvement with the industry means you can now see those benefits, and that they can see you're worth supporting financially.

Meanwhile the Sitcom Trials continues with its smaller-scale shows, last week in Camden, and next month in Bristol and Manchester, so hopefully our two styles and scales of shows will continue to complement each other.

Vive la difference, keep up the good work.

Kev F
The Sitcom Trials Video and report from this week's Eurovision Sitcom Contest in London

Let us know as soon as possible whether you're coming to the scratch night on the 20th. We'd like to know numbers.

Isn't the problem with the live shows that - with the best will in the world - once you get to that stage the only people really interested are those still involved in the process. And that's not just restricted to this competition, it probably goes for virtually every other one too.

I think I should be able to make it.

I'll be there.

Yep - I should be there, last minute work commitments allowing.
What are the numbers looking like so far?
And who is writing as we speak to enter something?

I wrote Dying For A Happy Ending, which made it to the top 8 this year. Is anyone interested in working with me on a sitcom for next year? I have a weird sense of humour that may not fit most. I have a web series and the link is below so take a look at my style of comedy. If you have similar style then PM me. I'm in the U.S. so everything will be via email.

www.georgianway.com

We're still looking for scripts (and actors) for June 20th (see previous posts).

Deadline for scripts is Wed 13th June.

We want as big a pool of scripts as possible, so if you want to hear your script read and critiqued get it to info@every1sacritic.com before Wed.

You don't have to follow our usual parameters (easily stageable and 15 mins only). If you send us a longer script we'll just perform and critique the first 15 mins.

We're hoping to make this a social occasion. Come and network.

Follow this link for more details https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/workshops/5/

Simon

I can't make it due to change in circumstances. I am now a dad! Six weeks earlier than planned.

Dan

Hey - congratulations Dan the Dad! From now on everything you write will have a slight Cbeebies slant. All the best to you, your wife and new littl'un!

I won't be able to make it to the Sitcommission meet either unfortunately. (This comment included to prevent the post from being greyed out.)

Simon & Declan - can I just double check the meet-up is still on tomorrow? Me and my writing partner Tom have every intention of coming down to that there London, but just wanted to make sure.

Ta.

Quote: Stevie D @ June 19 2012, 11:43 AM BST

Simon & Declan - can I just double check the meet-up is still on tomorrow? Me and my writing partner Tom have every intention of coming down to that there London, but just wanted to make sure.

Ta.

Yes, 7pm at the Priory Arms, see you there.

Just wanted to apologise - I have to pull out at the last minute (as the Bishop said to the actress) from tonight's get together at The Priory Arms.
Sadly, having both a full time job and sporadic freelance writing work leaves me prone to last minute cancellations.
Hopefully another script can be read at this late stage and I hope to make the next one.