The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 73

Quote: simon wright @ May 3 2012, 9:36 AM BST

Same goes for Best Actor and Best Actress- already chosen by our high-powered judging panel.

Friday's show is practically sold out, so if you want to catch the Sitcom mission, tonight is effectively your only chance.

Tickets are available here:http://newdiorama.tsd-aff.com/tickets/slink.buy/p.1Y9M/new-diorama-theatre/the-sitcom-mission.html

Does 'practically' mean there's space for one more?

Quote: richiemoomoo @ May 3 2012, 5:10 PM BST

Does 'practically' mean there's space for one more?

If you can book it online, then yes.

Quote: simon wright @ May 4 2012, 1:18 PM BST

UPDATE: There are 7 tickets left at 13:47

UPDATE: There are 6 tickets left at 15.43

Why does the price keep going up?

We are the Belgo of sitcom writing

Quote: Declan @ May 4 2012, 3:41 PM BST

UPDATE: There are 6 tickets left at 15.43

5 left @ 17.24

Congratulations to Snez Naik and the cast of Yo Valet. They've been named this year's winners by the esteemed judging panel.

Full news story

Quote: Mark @ May 5 2012, 1:54 PM BST

Congratulations to Snez Naik and the cast of Yo Valet. They've been named this year's winners by the esteemed judging panel.

Full news story

Slightly surprised by that as I thought, bar the engaging and deservedly prize winning performance by the prince, the script was fairly uninspiring and lacklustre. Might be more about the concept than the writing. But each to their own!

Quote: Antrax @ May 5 2012, 2:20 PM BST

Slightly surprised by that as I thought, bar the engaging and deservedly prize winning performance by the prince, the script was fairly uninspiring and lacklustre. Might be more about the concept than the writing. But each to their own!

Absolutely, Antrax. Which one would you have chosen?

Quote: Declan @ May 5 2012, 3:56 PM BST

Absolutely, Antrax. Which one would you have chosen?

I'm not sure. I liked the first two more - Medicine to Follow and The Staff. Some proper gags in there that I still remember. Both had some issues of plot, I felt (the former didn't quite settle on a world, I felt, an odd mix of surrealism and realism... and the latter over-loaded the 'sit' and had one of the two worst acting performances of the night), but I think I'd have picked either of them on writing ability. The third had some fun moments, and good on them for the big prop.

As one of the finalists I just want to encourage anyone who is thinking of entering the competition next year to give it a go. Even though I didn't win I had a fantastic opportunity to workshop and re-write material, show it to anybody I wanted, gets lots of constructive criticism and make lots of new contacts.

Writing is an isolated experience - sitting in your own in a room putting some words down. It's brilliant when someone else wants to read your words and even better when people bring your words to life.

And every time you write you get better. This entry was better than my previous one...so the next one..who knows... ;)

Just to be clear Declan, I trust your absolutely refers to 'each to their own' :O

Quote: Marc P @ May 6 2012, 10:34 PM BST

Just to be clear Declan, I trust your absolutely refers to 'each to their own' :O

I believe so, Marc.

Good man :)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 7 2012, 11:11 AM BST

Is it possible to put that bio list up again please? This link just directs you to the winners list. Ta.

If you click on the name of any of the sitcoms on that page you'll get full details on the sitcom, and the writer (this works for all three years).