Anna And Katy - Pilot Page 3

Quote: Chappers @ September 3 2011, 1:02 AM BST

I don't want to be too critical because I like them both - but - it was a bit derivative.

The German hospital seemed very Benny Hill.
The Pointing show reminded me of "Call me wanker."
The sitting down watching TV was a bit Karen Taylor - and of course Anna was in that too.
The WI was a bit Little Britain.
The brummie girls reminded me of the little girl in Absolutely.
The last bit was probably a tribute to Raw Sex.

I hope they don't get criticised for being racist with "Congratulation" because white people from the Caribbean talk like that too.

Apart from that I did enjoy it though.

I didn't think it was that derivative-if you're derivative you need to be more or less exactly the same, don't you? Anyway wasn't Little Britain derivative of Dick Emery?

Anyone else seen their Harvey's furniture advert?

Ha, yep. It's really weird seeing them together on ads, not sure why. I've seen Anna doing ads on her own before (I think).

Both the principals have proved elsewhere how funny they can be, but the script for this show was a total dud. Some ideas were quite bold (the WI chairwoman who kept putting her foot in it, for example) but I couldn't find a laugh in the whole show. The ending was particularly feeble (2 musicians in a pub) - Smith and Jones used to do the same thing, except that they were at least able to look as if they could play their instruments and also sang a comic lyric.

I see on BCG news they are making a series. The sketches in the pilot all had the germ of a good idea and it's great to see Anna Crilly not being in a sofa advert. Hope they have better material to rise to.

Why does this suddenly become a pilot when more shows are in production? A pilot is still a pilot whether a series gets made or not.

Quote: Tim Azure @ January 24 2012, 6:58 PM GMT

Why does this suddenly become a pilot when more shows are in production? A pilot is still a pilot whether a series gets made or not.

Aren't you contradicting yourself there?

Quote: Chappers @ January 25 2012, 2:49 PM GMT

Aren't you contradicting yourself there?

Not as far as I can see. It may help having quote marks round the word "pilot", but I don't think it's compulsory. Besides the first sentence was a question, and how do contradict a question?

You yourself say "A pilot is still a pilot whether a series gets made or not." Therefore it is still a pilot.

?????????????

Quote: Chappers @ January 25 2012, 3:38 PM GMT

You yourself say "A pilot is still a pilot whether a series gets made or not." Therefore it is still a pilot.

?????????????

Saying a pilot is still a pilot isn't contradiction, Chappers.

Quote: Tim Azure @ January 24 2012, 6:58 PM GMT

I'm a bit confused by what you mean about this as well. Are you asking why they've "re-badged" the one already gone out as a pilot?... if so, they haven't. It really was a pilot trial episode to see if a series would work. Comedy Showcase tends to be the one-offs not-necessarily-made-with-any-more-in-mind. This was a Comedy Lab pilot.

Anyway, good news for Anna & Katy.

Could Tim Azure actually be referring to the thread title? The Anna And Katy - Pilot and why it hasn't been changed to the Anna And Katy Show?

And then subsequently subtitled the Unfunny Women's Comedy Sketch Show With The Same Crap Jokes As Every Other Dress Up Sketch Show, And Why Must Female Comics Always Have to Have Song And Dance Numbers? You're Not In Drama School Now You Know? Rant, Rant, etc.

Happy birthday to Katy today - if you're lurking about somewhere. Although if it's your birthday you've probably got better things to do.

I liked it. Look forward to the series. They seem like lovely girls. I would give them both a kiss on the face provided I had permission from their fathers.

Maybe it will go head to head with Watson & Oliver series 2.

Loved Kuntworts! Lee looked sexy!