Argumental - Series 4

It has been confirmed that a fourth series of Argumental is to be made and shown in October. However, there are some major changes. For starters none of the regulars from the previous three series are in it. Sean Lock is now host, and Robert Webb will be one of the team captains (the second has yet to be named).

Also, the fourth series will feature interactive participation from viewers, although it is unclear what form this will take.

Hmm, not sure about the changes, not sure they were needed as JS was a good host I thought. Still, happy it's getting another outing. Thanks for the info.

Went to see the first episode on Sunday and boy was I disappointed.

Why did they have to go and change everything, it was fine how it was.

Sean Lock was the host

Robert Webb - Captain

(Someone really unfunny with silly hair) - Captain

Richard Herring - Guest

Ardal O'Hanlon - Guest.

One round which really stood out for me was the one where they have to argue and include random photos into the argument, only problem is that these comedians just couldn't do it. It ended up with Ardal just standing there mumbling.

Quote: robot1000 @ September 12 2011, 4:57 PM BST

(someone really unfunny with silly hair) - Captain

Do you have a name?

Quote: robot1000 @ September 12 2011, 4:57 PM BST

One round which really stood out for me was the one where they have to argue and include random photos into the argument, only problem is that these comedians just couldn't do it. It ended up with Ardal just standing there mumbling.

Just sounds like Ardal O'Hanlon to me, I believe he and Herring had appeared in the original run.

I'm glad Herring's guesting and I love Sean Lock. But I'll really miss Rufus Hound in this - he was brilliant at it.

I don't see why they thought it needed changing/axing.

I've become a bit tired of Rufus, he tends to end up shouting a lot. Thankfully he's not been in Celebrity Juice much either lately.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 12 2011, 5:00 PM BST

Do you have a name?

Seann Walsh (bloke who was on Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow and a few eps of Mock the Week), I believe.

Can I ask what the new set is like? I heard it was designed to match Dave's branding...

Poking around on Twitter I see other guests will include Daniel Sloss, Jimmy Carr, Russell Kane and Miles Jupp.

Quote: cwickham @ September 12 2011, 5:35 PM BST

Seann Walsh (bloke who was on Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow and a few eps of Mock the Week), I believe.

Not a fan, I just want him to blow his nose, he sounds like he's bunged up all the time.

The show might not always come over well on telly, but live the one with Carr, Webb, Kane and wosisname Walsh was great fun. Should come across although it's a shame they'll have to cut so much. Though it was mainly nob gags.

Is tonight's 'Christmas special' scheduled to be repeated?

Not after tonight, apparently: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/argumental/episodes/4/8/

Oh right, that's ok, I'll record that one.

Is there anywhere that I can watch repeats of this show online? It seems that Dave don't have any kind of online catchup facility, which is quite irritating.

Quote: Garry Lee @ December 23 2011, 10:31 AM GMT

Is there anywhere that I can watch repeats of this show online? It seems that Dave don't have any kind of online catchup facility, which is quite irritating.

Dave is infamous for its repeats so I wouldn't worry about catching up online as it's bound to be on again soon!

Quote: Fazza @ December 28 2011, 8:15 PM GMT

Dave is infamous for its repeats so I wouldn't worry about catching up online as it's bound to be on again soon!

Point well made.
I think this show is really suffering since the panel switch. I'm curious why Brigstocke has been binned from two separate BBC-related shows lately.