Help, please!

I need a name of the show that I can remember about allmost nothing.

Main caracter was played by older man (in 50thies), with not much hair (but slim).

I think that same actor played guard(episode role)in one of the Muppet movies.

TV Series was from beginig of 1980s or end of 70s.

Main caracter was father of the family. On the job he had a secretary. Her role was very funny.

I remember only one scene - when she told him that someone was calling her on the phone and telling her "things".

Not much information, I'm afraid.

Sorry on bad english.

Hi Alex.

Was the show about the family, or more about the father at work?

Blimey.

Good luck with that one!

Half and half. Like Men Behaving Badly with more time on work. (Gary was on work in MBB)

I think. It was 27 years ago.

Hmmm. Is there any chance it could be The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin? That'd certainly match some of the things you remember.

I assume this was something you saw on your local TV station, rather than in the UK?

Could it be May to December?

Quote: Aaron @ August 21 2011, 11:55 PM BST

Hmmm. Is there any chance it could be The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin? That'd certainly match some of the things you remember.

I assume this was something you saw on your local TV station, rather than in the UK?

No, that's not it.

It was first half of the 1980s, I think, rather then 70s.

Lead actor was more type of person thet looked like Desmond, from comic - strip Rip Kirby. With deep voice. I saw him in some episode roles in american movies, maybe Blake Edwards gave him some role in one of his movies?

His secretary was short haired and not pretty, unmarried, not young, shy.

Yes, local TV, Yugoslavian, then.

The secretary does sound a bit like the one in May To December.

Hmmm. Interesting. Trouble is, what you might have seen 'new' on Yugoslavian TV in, say, 1983, could have easily been from 1978 here. But it sounds like we do have a good rough time guide.

May To December would certainly match many of the points, but not the time.

Was it this guy?

*edit*
You bloody slightly faster picture poster!

Quote: Aaron @ August 21 2011, 11:55 PM BST

Not May to December and not Fresh Fields (but about the same time 1983-1985). Anton Rodgers was in Blake edward's Son of the Pink Panther, but he was not slim (thin).

We say - with eagle nose.

Quote: Alex B @ August 21 2011, 10:59 PM BST

guard(episode role)in one of the Muppet movies.

Can you explain that bit again? Do you mean that the role you think he played was a guard, and was a small role?

Quote: Aaron @ August 22 2011, 12:56 AM BST

Can you explain that bit again? Do you mean that the role you think he played was a guard, and was a small role?

precisely

black uniform with a hat

Hmm. I guess you'd have had a different title altogether, but maybe you could have a quick look through this list and see if anything rings a bell?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/year/#y1985 (Keep scrolling down.)

Michael Robbins (best known for playing Arthur in 'On the Buses') played a guard in 'The Great Muppet Caper'.