Dogs!! Page 3

My black Labrador used to eat grass and throw up and then eat what he's thrown up and then eat more grass.

See!!!!

German shepherds have an IQ of 60, which is actually higher than the IQ of cat people.

I don't see no cat people eating their own sick!

I used to have a great dog called Suzie, who was a half-Border Collie, half-Mongrel. A lot of people used to comment on how she never seemed to look like she aged. Most dogs who are mostly black, as she was, start growing white hairs on their coat when they're getting on, but Suzie didn't have a single one, even in her last days, and her eyes stayed looking really bright. I remember when she was 15, some local kids were stroking her and guessed her age to be 2.

It's funny how Border Collies and Rough Collies are the complete opposite when it comes to temperament. One of my sister's friends, who lived around the corner from us, had a Rough Collie, and it was really well-behaved and quiet. My dog Suzie, on the other hand, wouldn't come back when I called her, and often barked like a spoiled brat, demanding chew sticks. The only person she obeyed was my dad, and that was probably because he'd smacked her a few times, in the early days, e.g. the time we took her down to the beach, and she took so long to come back to us that it got dark.

I saw a humongous St Bernard at lunchtime. A fat, small child could have ridden on it.

There's a cultural chill between China and Switzerland, because the Chinese raise St Bernards for meat.

I'm both a dog and cat person, although I've only got cats at the moment.

Primarily larger dogs though, anything smaller than a border collie doesn't really count as a dog IMO.

Had a couple of very happy days at Crufts wandering around the "Discover Dogs" bit. Would recommend it for anyone who likes dogs.

All the cat people here are wrong. Dogs are far, far better than cats.

My advice on picking your dog breed is don't go on what it looks like, go on its temperament. Do some research and check the breed of dog you're getting is what you want. Some need loads of walks, others need loads of stimulation (the bright ones), some are more likely to bark etc.

To the lady with the border collie - I grew up with border collies. Worse, all of our BCs were born on farms. As nobody in my family had the time to walk them 3 hours a day or teach them tricks to keep them amused, they went mental. Our last one ran until she fell hypoglycemic and collapsed. She also once went head first into a lamppost because I called her back and she turned to look at me but didn't stop running full pelt. She also began to play that game toddlers play where they throw their toy out of the pram to get your attention. Just swap 'pram' with 'yard'. She was definitely the best dog in the world despite all that, though.

Cats are obviously better, but never mind that, this is the dogs thread.
I saw a MASSIVE wolfy snowy fluffy husky type one in town waiting outside a shop. Everyone stared at it as they walked by but no one dared stroke it.

Quote: AndyGilder @ September 19 2013, 1:43 PM BST

I'm both a dog and cat person.

You're dead to me Wave

Quote: roscoff @ September 19 2013, 1:58 PM BST

You're dead to me Wave

I'm dead to a lot of people.

And several insurance companies.

One pic of a dog in the entire thread!

There are more pics of Dogs in the Cats thread!

Yesterday, trying to see if my bus was coming, trod in some dog poo right in the middle of the pavement on a busy high street. Tried to wash it off in a puddle, but wouldn't budge.

On my way to my Alexander Technique class, so had to remove my shoe before going into my teacher's house.

Had to remove my shoe before entering my flat when I got home.

Used an old washing-up brush and hot water to remove the poo from my training shoe - had got stuck in the ridges of the sole.

What fun!

When I was growing up our neighbours dog died in mysterious circumstances and our neighbour grew convinced that we'd poisoned it. I don't think we did although I wouldn't put anything past Chipolata Snr.

I love westies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFZvG3VVVqE&list=TL6iKsFkK3bM0