Citizen Smith

Who's a fan of this classic sitcom. It ranks no.2 on my list, beaten only by Dads Army. POWER TO THE PEOPLE

When I first saw it, I thought it was just OK. Not a patch on Just Good Friends or Dear John. I've seen it a couple of times and it seems very dated and, dare I say it, cheap. Peter Vauhan's departure didn't help matters either. Needless to say, I wouldn't want to see it again.

Robert Lindsey is even better in My Family.

Was that less than obvious "ARD NUT" in poridge...also in Citizen Smith

I remember watching it when I was little but not enough to remember how much I liked it.

I enjoyed it "Freedom for Tooting!" - I'd have thought it should be freedom FROM Tooting!

It was very good as it wasbefore the others you mention. The concept was different andthe characters were a mixture of normals and real losers!

Not quite as high as number two beut certainly in my top twenty.

Especially the last episode where they wanted to know his real name and it was Walter. Walter Henry Smith. "You can't lead a revolution with the name W.H.Smith!"

Quote: Reiss Ellesse @ June 20, 2007, 7:00 PM

Was that less than obvious "ARD NUT" in poridge...also in Citizen Smith

Yeah, Grouty was in it for two series and a special.

Cheers it's been bugging me for ages...now do you also remember his wife...only joking...C Smith was quite funny actually especially his mate with the glasses...and the clothes...you won't find them in TK Maxx

The mother in law became Alfie Moons mum in Eastenders. When she played the part in CS it was original but she played the same dotty old dear in everything she did.

Quote: Ed Parnell @ June 21, 2007, 12:57 AM

Not quite as high as number two beut certainly in my top twenty.

Especially the last episode where they wanted to know his real name and it was Walter. Walter Henry Smith. "You can't lead a revolution with the name W.H.Smith!"

Laughing out loud I'd forgotten that.

Citizen Smith is good, but not great.

Didn't the father play Harry Grout in Porridge?

Yes.

Didn't the titles have a bit where 'Wolfie' is driving a tank? I seem to remember wanting more of that kind of thing in the actual show. Back then I had no idea of 'budget'... :)

I think the later shows (possibly only the final series?) did, yes.

The fourth series title sequence had the tank, yes. All the material for the fourth series title sequence were taken from the last episode of Series 3: "The Glorious Day".