A Touch of Daniel

Hello. This may be a long shot, but can anyone share a recording of this hilarious radio play by Peter Tinniswood? Must have been made in the 80s and starred Christian Rodska as the hapless Carter Brandon.

The story eventually gave rise to the TV series I Didn't Know You Cared, featuring the unforgettable Uncle Mort and Co.

A bit lukewarm about his girlfriend Pat, I remember Carter reminiscing about the nurse's breasts, as he'd put his hands up her jumper. "They weren't like Pat's. They were ... [pause] ... bigger."

Another line that springs to mind for no apparent reason. "Funny things, sight screens."

Anyone help?

I Didn't Know You Cared started in 1975 - unless the radio production and the story itself are separate, that'd put it a bit before the 1980s?

"Deleted link."

On second thoughts, pm me as we cannot break the law on here..are you listening Rebekah ?

Thanks for reminding me ! I'll have an ignorant poke at that myself !

:D

Thanks, chaps. I wasn't expecting a response quite so quickly!

Track down the novels, on which the TV series was based. You'll enjoy them.

I'd like to hear this again too - I remember Daniel had a speededup squeaky voice. I had it on cassette tape way back, lent it, lost it.

As Micheal Jacob says above track down the brilliant Peter Tiniswood novels and try to see the the wonderful I Didn't Know You Cared with Robin Bailey and Liz Smith. Cue great comedy lines: "What's your ideal woman?" - "A man with big knockers" and "The only trouble with marriage is you have to marry a bloody woman." Brilliant dry 'miserable' comedy.