My Favourite Joke Page 2

Quote: Badge @ August 12 2011, 11:49 PM BST

Touchscreen. Mind you, sentence has an e whatever.

Any reason you've chosen to try and have an argument, Badge?

Clearly, because they're just people, they enjoy a lot of the same stuff as everyone else; which was the point of my lighthearted comment. Obviously, as they have a special interest and insight as it's their chosen vocation, they will appreciate some stuff that isn't as widely admired by the general public. Yes, well done.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 12 2011, 11:51 PM BST

Any reason you've chosen to try and have an argument, Badge?

I was about to ask you. You were the one with the glib reply about Lee's audience. Perhaps we should both give our difficult keyboards a rest, as they will get a hammering when Who returns.

Quote: Badge @ August 12 2011, 11:55 PM BST

I was about to ask you. You were the one with the glib reply about Lee's audience.

Mine may have been glib, yours was combative. We're both terrible people when it comes down to it.

I haven't actually even watched this show, so I don't know why I'm on this thread.

I'll leave it to others to judge who is the argumentative one when I have commented on the programme that this thread is about and you have joined in to question the original poster (and then backtracked, as you now appear to agree that there are differences).

Quote: Badge @ August 13 2011, 12:01 AM BST

I'll leave it to others to judge who is the argumentative one when I have commented on the programme that this thread is about and you have joined in to question the original poster (and then backtracked, as you now appear to agree that there are differences).

Oh, so you're going on with it, I thought this was over now! I haven't backtracked, there's nothing to backtrack about.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 12 2011, 11:59 PM BST

We're both terrible people when it comes down to it.

I'm not. I can't speak for you, but don't do yourself down.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 12 2011, 11:59 PM BST

I haven't actually even watched this show, so I don't know why I'm on this thread.

Are you watching this thread on catch up?

Quote: Badge @ August 13 2011, 12:04 AM BST

I'm not. I can't speak for you, but don't do yourself down.

More?

I'm actually a great guy. One of the very best.

This is not going to go in my top ten arguments. It's rubbish.

What makes comedians laugh is the same as what makes everybody else laugh.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 12 2011, 11:51 PM BST

Obviously, as they have a special interest and insight as it's their chosen vocation, they will appreciate some stuff that isn't as widely admired by the general public.

Erm... backtrack?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 13 2011, 12:07 AM BST

More?

This is not going to go in my top ten arguments. It's rubbish.

\o/
It's not even an argument.

Quote: Badge @ August 13 2011, 12:08 AM BST

Erm... backtrack?

Nope.

I think I explained myself clearly enough there, it was only ever meant as a lighthearted comment, not an actual, you know, fact, to be picked at.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 13 2011, 12:07 AM BST

I have very little evidence to doubt it. That's why I genuinely meant don't do yourself down. And I genuinely meant don't do me down as well.

Are you drunk?!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 13 2011, 12:10 AM BST

Are you drunk?!

Are you? Is that the level of debate on the "My Favourite Joke" thread? Why did you join in in the first place? Why are you so combatative? Why do you end up in on-line arguments about nothing with lots of people who don't have the same arguments with anyone else? Who is the common denominator? is it me? Or is t you? Are you drunk, Matthew? Hmmm? Drunk on arguing?

I'm drunk on myself Badge, I'm that potent.

Fair enough :)

This is fun isn't it!