Name John Finnemore Sketch Show And Win A Prize! Page 19

Quote: John Finnemore @ July 15 2011, 6:46 PM BST

Right! We still don't have definitive news on the title, but I have tried your patience long enough - time to end this competition. The three suggestions from this thread which made it to the shortlist were:

Finnemore's Wake
Finnemore's Almanac
Finnemore's Twenty-Eight Minutes (adapted from 'Finnemore's 29 minutes and 30 seconds')

Isn't Finnwemore's Wake MarcP's suggestion?

Damn him! A number one book and a DVD in the same month.

Some people have it all.....

Right! We still don't have definitive news on the title, but I have tried your patience long enough - time to end this competition. The three suggestions from this thread which made it to the shortlist were:

Finnemore's Wake
Finnemore's Almanac
Finnemore's Twenty-Eight Minutes (adapted from 'Finnemore's 29 minutes and 30 seconds')

So, I think that makes them joint winners. O person in charge of giving prizes (Dave? Aaron?), do you have have enough DVDs to go three ways? If not, I probably do.

If one of them ends up being the actual title, I'll report back. In any case, thank you very much.

How can "Finnegan's Twenty-Eight Minutes" be the same title as "Finnemore's 29 minutes and 30 seconds"? Surely the second is marginly funnier?

But if the show isn't 29 minutes and 30 seconds long it'd be a bit pointless!

Pfffft

won't be listening to this then now

Bet it's RUBBISH anyway

Finnemores a big poopy head

Cool

Quote: Badge @ July 15 2011, 7:00 PM BST

I've Gone Off John Finnemore

:D

Quote: zooo @ July 15 2011, 7:33 PM BST

But if the show isn't 29 minutes and 30 seconds long it'd be a bit pointless!

I didn't think the continuity announcer spoke for 2 mins. Chatty bastard!

Quote: Leevil @ July 15 2011, 8:27 PM BST

I didn't think the continuity announcer spoke for 2 mins. Chatty bastard!

Ah, but the trailers for other programmes are mini-epics in themselves...

Hmmm, clearly Finnemore must have lost the will to live before he got to my suggestions!

Quote: Amanda Prefect @ July 15 2011, 8:30 PM BST

Ah, but the trailers for other programmes are mini-epics in themselves...

They don't half go on! They're even clogging up the start of the iPlayer episodes.

Finnemore's Wake
Finnemore's Almanac

Thank you John for wading through all the suggestions! And thank you to everyone who contributed - some great stuff there (although I think some of you forgot the title had to go out on Radio 4... the longer ones wouldn't work in the Radio Times for example)

Anyway, if whoever picked those winning ones could email in their postal addresses, we'll sort you out with a DVD or two :)

Finnemore's Wake
Finnemore's Almanac

So, I think that makes them joint winners. O person in charge of giving prizes (Dave? Aaron?), do you have have enough DVDs to go three ways? If not, I probably do.

If one of them ends up being the actual title, I'll report back. In any case, thank you very much.

Finnemore's Almanac was one of mine, and what a fine choice :D

Laughing out loud Hooray won something at last!

Thought Finnemans Wake was a good 'un! lots of great ones in there though.

Quote: bigfella @ July 15 2011, 7:06 PM BST

Isn't Finnwemore's Wake MarcP's suggestion?

Damn him! A number one book and a DVD in the same month.

Some people have it all.....

No it was not Marcp for a change! well chuffed it is me Cool

Quote: Marc P @ July 6 2011, 2:18 PM BST

Finnemore's Wake

Marc P was first with this one dellas Huh?

Quote: dellas @ July 11 2011, 9:02 PM BST

FINNEMORES WAKE !

FINNEMORE OR LESS!

FINNEMORES FLY ON THE WALL

Beat you to it by 5 days.

In Marc's Wake

:( OH dear, beaten again by Marc! true mine was later, never win anything she says blowing nose and wiping eyes ;)