Comedy you want to like, but don't Page 7

Quote: Peter Brouhaha @ July 26 2011, 7:45 PM BST

Couldn't have put it any better myself. For me, The Office was genius, but Extras was a lazy way for Gervais to have his ego rubbed and meet all his heroes (just for one day).

You're wrong.

No I think he's right actually.

So it turns out your wrong.

Quote: lofthouse @ July 28 2011, 10:45 PM BST

So it turns out you're wrong.

I seriously doubt Gervais and Merchant wrote Extras just to massage their egos. Rather, they found themselves in a position where they could do that sort of show.

You also are wrong.

Next?

Quote: lofthouse @ July 28 2011, 10:45 PM BST

So it turns out your wrong.

Actually, you're* wrong.

Me??

Hahah!!!

Good one....

Like it

Lofthouse, you're so wrong you've probably never been right.

You should seriously consider working on your wrongness before it's too late.

If he says he is always wrong, does that mean he is wrong about always being wrong?

Quote: Jamey @ July 28 2011, 10:59 PM BST

If he says he is always wrong, does that mean he is wrong about always being wrong?

Well he'd have broken the cycle that's for sure.

He can tell his grand kids that there was once a time when he was right.

Rules.

1) Lofthouse is always right

2) if Lofthouse is wrong, see rule 1

Thank You.

Gervais clearly had something to say with Extras. It wasn't massively original but it was funny. Especially when Merchant was on screen.

Quote: chipolata @ July 28 2011, 11:17 PM BST

Gervais clearly had something to say with Extras. It wasn't massively original but it was funny. Especially when Merchant was on screen.

And Barry from EastEnders, his role mustn't be overlooked. De Niro liked his pen too.

I'm not bothered about all the massaging of egos stuff.

The scripts were just appalling. Dreadful guff.

It might not be in my top ten of sitcoms ever, but I thought the scripts were great. Very funny. And the relationship between Ricky's character and his best friend was extremely well written and very touching.
And some of the scenes between Merchant, Ricky and Barry from EastEnders were f**king hilarious.

Barry off EastEnders is Gervais' finest comedy creation by a country mile.