Comedy you want to like, but don't Page 5

All of the ones Timbo has said plus IT Crowd.

The Goon Show.

There's nothing about it I dislike and to judge by my taste in comedies I really should enjoy it as much as everyone else seems to but I find it, at best, vaguely amusing in parts.

Quote: Afinkawan @ July 6 2011, 6:23 PM BST

The Goon Show.

There's nothing about it I dislike and to judge by my taste in comedies I really should enjoy it as much as everyone else seems to but I find it, at best, vaguely amusing in parts.

I'm the same. I also have a problem with the silly voices. What's the point of giving yourself a nervous breakdown writing the thing, when half of it ends up being performed in unintelligible voices?

I don't like the Goon show. But I don't want to either.

South Park....funny once maybe, not funny over and over again.

People love Bottom, I think it's throwaway. Give me The Young Ones any day, but I've had this conversation before...

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Loved Seinfeld, but this just goes right over my head.

Don't do yourself down, I'm not sure that's the problem with Curb...

I like Curb but not as much as the hype suggests I should. I never got Fawlty Towers at all. Never wanted to watch Miranda - if I want to watch someone fall over a lot I'll go to my local pub at closing time. We should start a guilty pleasures thread too - sitcoms that we're ashamed of liking.

Do you ever feel less human when you don't feel an uncontrollable instinct to laugh when somebody falls over?

Good point Leevil. Don't get me wrong, when I'm in the street and someone falls I'm scratching various parts of my face to hide my laugh like the rest of the world, but when it comes to a TV show I want a bit more. Two people falling perhaps.

I think that there already is a guilty pleasures thread somewhere, but it died because so few people actually felt shame for liking stuff.

Quote: blahblah @ July 8 2011, 2:26 AM BST

Good point Leevil. Don't get me wrong, when I'm in the street and someone falls I'm scratching various parts of my face to hide my laugh like the rest of the world, but when it comes to a TV show I want a bit more. Two people falling perhaps.

:D

Quote: Aaron @ July 8 2011, 3:11 AM BST

I think that there already is a guilty pleasures thread somewhere, but it died because so few people actually felt shame for liking stuff.

:D

Quote: Vader @ July 7 2011, 11:37 PM BST

Don't do yourself down, I'm not sure that's the problem with Curb...

?

Didn't get a chance to read througnh all the posts so I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but I HATE Friends, I just find it ridiculously stupid and unfunny, can't describe why.

Something that is easier to justify is my hatred of Noel Fielding. To me, he isn't a comedian just someone who dresses up in weird costummes, walks on stage, and then says words in a random order, which people seam to find hilarious, instead, I just find it awkward to watch.