Vic & Bob's Afternoon Delights Page 2

Quote: Tim Azure @ July 6 2011, 7:23 PM BST

Is there a connection here? James is a great performer but he's not surreal.

Not surreal I can be surreal.

Quote: James Cotter @ July 8 2011, 7:55 PM BST

Good. Good.

(Thinks for a bit)

What about a comedy legend?

Quote: Tim Azure @ July 8 2011, 8:48 PM BST

Good. Good.

(Thinks for a bit)

What about a comedy legend?

Well I'm no Vic & Bob. Love the new sketches.

Quote: James Cotter @ July 8 2011, 7:55 PM BST

I think it's fair to say you're as versatile an actor as Johnny Depp. If not more so.

Quote: Ben @ July 9 2011, 2:14 PM BST

I think it's fair to say you're as versatile an actor as Johnny Depp. If not more so.

:D Thank you very much for that.

Quote: James Cotter @ July 9 2011, 11:47 AM BST

Well I'm no Vic & Bob. Love the new sketches.

Not even Vic or Bob are "Vic & Bob".

Bob Mortimer's on ITV1 tonight in Live Celeb Who Wants To Be A Millionaire with his son, apparently, if anyone's interested.
(I am.) :)

Quote: zooo @ July 15 2011, 4:44 PM BST

Bob Mortimer's on ITV1 tonight in Live Celeb Who Wants To Be A Millionaire with his son, apparently, if anyone's interested.
(I am.) :)

Wow, they're really stretching that format as far as it will go....

What are people expecting with this? There's comments on YouTube like "These two used to be funny but now they've sunk so low"

It is what it is, two very funny improv comedians doing surreal comedy with a camcorder. They have quite obviously put minimal effort into it and corpse all the time, but I find it all rather magical.

The Rock & Rollers sketch had me in stitches - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9ZYQsXMucw

I forget about this, plus I don't want to watch it at the computer. Might see if I can grab them off YouTube and watch on my TV. I liked the first two. Glad there's more.

I've warmed to this recently.

I think the poor quality of the sketches might have something to do with the fact that they've either just filmed, or are about to film a new series of Shooting Stars, so have probably used all of their funniest ideas on that, or are saving them for it.

The only time I laughed watching those sketches was when "Charity Peter" said he was keeping his kebab warm, inside his teddy bear.

Quote: catskillz @ July 6 2011, 12:28 AM BST

Wow! I find it really surprising that anyone has complemented these sketches, as I've found them embarrassingly bad. That first one was especially bad, with Vic and Bob showing their age, linking Free-Running to street gangs.

I also found them embarrassing, and bad! Seems to me that no effort was made to make these sketches funny.

Hold on! I've just read that there were 20 of these sketches! Is that right? I only saw about 7, presuming they finished after a week.

Quote: catskillz @ July 30 2011, 12:09 AM BST

I think the poor quality of the sketches

I think they've been a whole heap of off the cuff fun. They haven't slaved over them, and that's part of their charm.