Stewart Lee Page 22

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 15 2011, 1:16 PM GMT

I think you'll find that there is actually quite a lot of stuff beside that. Basically, you don't like his work and I do; great.

To be fair Stotty, Lee is known for his on-stage (and off) critiques of the work of other comedians. It's an intrinsic part of his "comedy about comedy" schtick.

Off the top of my head, I can recall him taking pops, in his act, at Joe Pasquale, Eddie Izzard, Russell Brand, Michael McIntyre, Al Murray, and "Russell" comedians in general.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 15 2011, 1:27 PM GMT

... and "Russell" comedians in general.

He's a Russelist.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 15 2011, 1:27 PM GMT

To be fair Stotty, Lee is known for his on-stage (and off) critiques of the work of other comedians. It's an intrinsic part of his "comedy about comedy" schtick.

Off the top of my head, I can recall him taking pops, in his act, at Joe Pasquale, Eddie Izzard, Russell Brand, Michael McIntyre, Al Murray, and "Russell" comedians in general.

I know; the majority of the material he has performed is not about other comedians though. And obviously the Pasquale bit was about how he steals other comedians jokes, which seems a fair enough thing to attack.

Quote: Nogget @ November 15 2011, 1:31 PM GMT

He's a Russelist.

Laughing out loud

Imagine if you were a builder and some other builder was going around telling the public you were a shit builder?

I'd imagine you'd be very very livid.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ November 15 2011, 2:32 PM GMT

Imagine if you were a builder and some other builder was going around telling the public you were a shit builder?

I'd imagine you'd be very very livid.

Okay, I'll imagine that.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ November 15 2011, 2:32 PM GMT

Pardon my naivety, but I thought that's pretty much what all builders do all the time? Errr

"Ooh, who did this then?... Irish, was it?... 'uckin cowboys... they saw you coming..."

(And so on, ad infinitum, until they eventually f**k off "down B&Q" (i.e. the pub) for "materials".)

I'm really looking forward to seeing his new show in London after reading his book, "How I Escaped My Certain Fate". I love his deconstruction of routines.

Stew's new 'EP book' is out now:

See Amazon product listing

Also on Kindle, if that's your thing:

See Amazon product listing

Dan

Stewart Lee must be the only comedian in the country who would consider publishing a book with his face on it two weeks after Christmas.

It's almost as if he doesn't want to make any money.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ January 6 2012, 11:58 AM GMT

Stewart Lee must be the only comedian in the country who would consider publishing a book with his face on it two weeks after Christmas.

Apparently he's putting the exact same book out in a week's time, then the same again every week until next Christmas, where it will finally have become hilarious.

Quote: David Bussell @ January 6 2012, 1:53 PM GMT

Apparently he's putting the exact same book out in a week's time, then the same again every week until next Christmas, where it will finally have become hilarious.

Go kill yurself h8r.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 6 2012, 1:56 PM GMT

Go kill yurself h8r.

It was a well natured barb. I'm frustrated and delighted by Mr Lee in equal measures.

Quote: David Bussell @ January 6 2012, 1:57 PM GMT

It was a well natured barb. I'm frustrated and delighted by Mr Lee in equal measures.

U is a gay.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 6 2012, 2:00 PM GMT

U is a gay.

Hey, that's only half true!